Time frame for patch

A final CMSF patch was promised some time ago, and work was started on it during a natural break in CMBN development prior to the latter's release.

Is there now an expected date for release of the CMSF patch and will it be before or after CMBN 1.01?

Yes, a final 1.32/1.33 patch is expected for CMSF. I'm not sure how much progress was made on it, but to be honest CMBN has taken priority at this point. There will be a CMBN 1.01 patch BEFORE the CMSF patch. It had already been in progress as CMBN was released.

I don't know a good time table for the final CMSF patch. I believe that they want to tie up as many problems as possible with the final patch, so it may take a bit longer closing up a number of issues. There really won't be any features coming from CMBN over to CMSF. Just bug fixes (and hopefully as many as possible). I would guess that you may be looking at a few months before the next patch is released.

Now then, lets see. NATO module was released 21-10-10.

1.31 released 26/11/10.

So that is 6 months ago which seems quite a long time. And if the patch is still months away, then it could well be a year between penultimate patch and final patch that fixes the remaining major bugs.

Seems like a long time to me.

Game patches and mortgages arn't the same thing.

You have an interesting perspective on timescales.

Hope you enjoy your mortgage. :)

LOL. Yes, you are correct. I only sigh because I love this game and want to play with NATO but no panzerfaust makes me nervous for my pixeltroopen.

And by the way, I did take out a very big mortgage this early spring.;)

Good to see a few BFC affiliated folks still keeping the die-hard Modern Ops guys company.

Likewise, thanks for the updates - I suspected the wait for 1.32 would be lengthy given the work necessary for the Normandy game. The bummer is not only the waiting, but the fact that 1.31 actually fouled up previously working aspects of the game (i.e. PzF-3's and the UK rank structure). So, there is a bit of an "adding insult to injury" element at play.;) Hopefully the various bugs and TO&E errors posted here since October 2010 have been catalogued for easy review when the work gets underway.

By the way, any chance we can get M72's (LAW) added to the US Army TO&E in v1.31? I was under the impression these were being issued to Airborne and Light Infantry units during the last few years of fighting in Afghanistan.

I am doing my damnedest to skip the Normandy series, as I feel CMSF was a very "late bloomer" and I really haven't got my money's worth out of the game and its three modules. So, here's hoping 1.31, big or small, is a solid piece of work.

That said, the Normandy Demo is very compelling - congratulations on what seems like a magnificient effort! I'm just not ready to trade in my Brads for Greyhounds yet.

Guys, as painful as it might seem....hopefully the longer the wait the tighter the patch. That's the best way of looking at it.

I played all of one scenario from NATO because I was waiting for the patch and because my comp died...so, it's gonna be a pretty fresh game for me by the time the last fix gets ushered in...lets keep our fingers crossed it's a doozy...BFC hasn't let us down yet so I am pretty optimistic.

Mord.

Guys, as painful as it might seem....hopefully the longer the wait the tighter the patch. That's the best way of looking at it.

Mord.

Well as we haven't started work on it yet (at least outside of the inner most group, of which I have no visibility) ....

And I don't think anyone will until CM:BN 1.01 is out.

LOL. Life, my man...I spent a lot of time doing tree work and in that business so much stuff goes wrong that if you don't find a way to find the good you'll end up hanging yourself! So, I've learned over the last 12 or so years to try and apply it to everything. Deal with the bad and search for the good in any situation and you often come out smiling more than frowning!

Mord.