New file at the Repository: Alternate Vehicle and Weapon Silhouettes (2011-05-14)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marco, thanks again for your time and effort in making the most usefull mod. If you ever plan to expand it I would love to have a version that uses the original green color weapon/vehicle icons, but adds the hit/damage bars, range, and such. This would be my personal preference for use as I like the green color silhuetes the best.

By the way it is the little things like the decision to use hooked and straight bars to make it more clear which is armor, and which is damage that really show how carfully thought out the mod is. "salute"

Hi Marco

Thanks a lot for these mods - great idea.

I´m a bit confused about the colors for vehicle armor thickness and penetration, though.

That is: As far as I can see, the colors are different from CMBB and CMAK. This makes it hard for me to make good use of them as I am used to the colors of CMBB and CMAK.

Are these colors based on CMBO (which I´ve never played) - or what´s up?

Cheers

That is: As far as I can see, the colors are different from CMBB and CMAK. This makes it hard for me to make good use of them as I am used to the colors of CMBB and CMAK.

Are these colors based on CMBO (which I´ve never played) - or what´s up?

The problem here is, which colours to use? You see, CMAK slowly changes the colour every 1mm! Given my limited time available between textures there was no way I was going to be using 240 different colours for this mod, sorry - I'd still be making it when CM3 comes out. So I took the blue CMAK uses for max, tied it to 240mm (for Jadgtiger), took the red for 0mm, and divided it up to suit the pixels available for the bar-graph version. Then tweaked the colours a bit because the CMAK spread concentrates on greens. The end result is fairly close, and a lot more distinct for non-experts. Most people will look at a penetration colour, then flick across to the other vehicle and compare armour colours. Distinct colour bands are essential for this.

If you want to make an ultra-hardcore version, please go for it!:cool:

I currently don't have the time, but this mod is totally free for modification. If you have lots of time, all you need to do is extract the brz, collect the colour values from CMAK screendumps using the eye dropper, and fill the relevant boxes.

I might get around to it at some point after finishing the CMSF version, but for now, what you see is what you'll get, sorry.