New file at the Repository: Alternate Vehicle and Weapon Silhouettes (2011-05-14)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please please please can you do this for CMSF? Its the only thing the game is missing!

CMSF is a far more complicated beast to provide info for, first because of all the different types of munitions, armour etc, and secondly because things like penetration and armour info fall into the estimate-and-guess category.

I supose if I were to make one it would look a bit like this:

24m4z1k.png

But nobody is interested in CMSF at the moment anyway, and even if it did exist it might not be quite ready.

i deleted the extra zmb-weapons.brz but the caibre & ranges still didnt appear on the icon in game.

You should have in the z directory at a minimum:

zmb-silhouettes.brz

zmb-weapons-cal.brz

make sure you unzipped zmb-weapons-cal.zip into zmb-weapons-cal.brz

If you still can't get it to work, send me a private message through this forum telling me what bits you're wanting and I'll send you a custom pack.

i think i have sussed it out.. i was unzipping and placing several different mods into the 'z' folder. When in reality each one is a seperate set of mods..correct?

Correct. You can mix-and-match to your heart's delight, as long as you have ONE zmb-silhouette-xxxx.brz and ONE zmb-weapons-xxxx.brz. More than one, and the game's order of loading mods kicks in.

at the moment i have in z folder

zmb defence.brz

zmb silohouttes.brz

zmb special equipment.brz

zmb suppression.brz

zmb-viewpoint.brz

zmb-weapons-cal.brz

zmb-weapons-range.brz

Vehicle and Weapon Silhouettes Mod for CMBN

is this acorrect layout?

Marco, any chance of making a version with the yellow background for the wounded troops toned down a bit in saturation? It's seems very bright to me and a bit distracting to the eyes when you have lots of wounded in a squad.

Excellent work btw.

CMSF is a far more complicated beast to provide info for, first because of all the different types of munitions, armour etc, and secondly because things like penetration and armour info fall into the estimate-and-guess category.

But nobody is interested in CMSF at the moment anyway, and even if it did exist it might not be quite ready.

Ha yeah I guess this is a poor time to be requesting features. I would work on it myself and have thought about it before, only I have an exam in one week which I'm supposed to be revising for right now. I think I may try it after I'm finished in about 6 weeks. To be continued....

I still don't quiet understand the Armour and penetration bars. Why are the partly coloured in and have 'hooks' on them?

They are still bar graphs. I just added a line along the top for several reasons:

1) so that it was obvious that they were not the same as the armour boxes.

2) so that it was a bit easier to see what the colour was for the smaller amounts.

3) I tried for something a little more stylish than a plain box. The hook effect trying to convey range, you know... damn, if I have to explain it, then it didn't work.

4) it helps tie the penetration section together. 4 boxes with mostly black looks disjointed and messy.

Is there a way to get rid of the alpha channel on the weapon ID mouseover box?

No, both colour and partial transparency are hard coded unfortunately.

@ Marco, Do you think it possible to change all white ammo text to color? I like the intergers over the color bars, but miss the color to make things stand out that need to, and color gives general info where integers gives specific. This combines for the best of both worlds. Colors pop out more, and would serve the same way the colored text works to bring attention to and make stand out for damaged parts for vehicles. Here is a quick illustration of what i have in mind.

colorammotext.jpg

GREEN Ammo Text = Ammo is at 50% to max. All player has to notice is it is green to know ammo sitrep is good, and really does not need to squint to read, and get more detailed info on the exact # of rounds left.

YELLOW ammo text = Ammo sitrep is say 15%, or 25% to 50% of max. Player sees yellow, and knows things are not desperate, but starting to run low. Player may want to check what the interger is at.

RED ammo text= Ammo is under 15%, or say 25%. Player sees red and knows ammo sitrep is getting very low, and needs attention. Player now needs to pay much more attention to what the actual interger is.

What do you think? Is this moddable, or must BF do this?

P.S. Note Clint Eastwood unit portrait mod that will be uploading to share.

@ Marco, Do you think it possible to change all white ammo text to color? ... What do you think? Is this moddable, or must BF do this?

We have no control over this. It's hard coded.

You could make the entire font table a different colour, but it would pop up in all sorts of unexpected places, and only give you one colour anyway.

We have no control over this. It's hard coded.

You could make the entire font table a different colour, but it would pop up in all sorts of unexpected places, and only give you one colour anyway.

Bummer, lets hope BF thinks that is as usfull as I think it would be, and decides to do that then. It shouldn't be too much trouble I think since the GUI already containes red, yellow, and green text. Once again great modding! Thank you.