Unit Scale

Be Gentle with me, Haven't played in along time. In the originals there was a toggle for unit scale, which made the Representative graphics larger in scale for visual purposes. Is this feature gone, or am I just missing it somewhere.

My eyes are getting older ;)

~Rookie

Ha, I forgot all about that feature. Nope, no scaling of units. You do get to toggle those bright overhead icons on and off. The die-hards play only using the tiny unit indication triangles that run along the top of the screen. That's only for people with really good eyesight! :)

Well, the problem with scaling is that the 3d model is used to calculate hit angle, penetration, damage from follow through of the round,etc. So scaling would literally make the tanks twice as large as in real life, and being driven by Wehrmacht giants.

Granted, im not an expert programmer or anything, but from Steves drescriptions im pretty sure thats the main reason why they cant scale the units.

Well, the problem with scaling is that the 3d model is used to calculate hit angle, penetration, damage from follow through of the round,etc. So scaling would literally make the tanks twice as large as in real life, and being driven by Wehrmacht giants.

Yep, and would look really screwed up. The soldiers/vehicles would actually be easier to hit because their surface would increase.

Guys, you have to retrain your brains for CMX2...for the most part what you see is what you get...every guy is where he is ('cept for some explosion fudging for infantry bunching)...no more thinking a building is blocking your tank or troops and then getting blasted with a shot straight through it. It's there right where you see it.

It's ALL 1:1 as best as can be accomplished. No more table top miniatures, fire power modifiers etc...It's flesh and blood, soldiers doing their thing. Twelve guys in a squad could potentially have 12 different targets, they break and flee individually, and cower individually...Much different animal than CMX1.

Mord.