Issue with Mouse Buttons?

Anybody else having any issue with mouse buttons inside the actual gameplay? Sometimes when I go into the game, I can't select any buttons or units. Other times I go in and it works fine. Can't see a pattern. Since I have an ATI card, I have tried the ATI setting both on and off, with no luck.

Anybody else?

Over the last couple years I've had a couple mice (Mouses?) crap out on me. My current mouse tends to slowly drift the cursor into the upper left corner. Nothing at all to do with the game, entirely a worn-out hardware issue.

Don't think that is the case, simply because the mouse works fine with everything else I do, just not in the gameplay itself. I had no issue selecting options from the menu, just when I got to the briefing screen and then sometimes in the game itself. I wish it was as simple as replacing the mouse :)

Even after reinstall and update to latest 11.5 drivers, I still see this. Strangely, it seems prior to every game, I have to go into to options and change the ATI option back and forth and then it works. Doesnt even seem to matter whether on or off, just the fact I changed the value.

I thought I found the trick by switching options all the time, but that isnt working anymore either. In fact, even noticed it is just not the mouse clicks, I can scroll even with the wheel and none of the key strokes work in the game. I always have to kill the task. I just can't figure this one out. Hoping the actual game works better for me :(

Might be something running in background that captures mouse and or keyboard events or audio and video via a global hook could be interfering.

I thought I found the trick by switching options all the time, but that isnt working anymore either. In fact, even noticed it is just not the mouse clicks, I can scroll even with the wheel and none of the key strokes work in the game. I always have to kill the task. I just can't figure this one out. Hoping the actual game works better for me :(

Might be something running in background that captures mouse and or keyboard events or audio and video via a global hook could be interfering.

I was thinking of that too, but I don't have any other mouses issues but within the gameplay itself. In the game's menus/options, mouse works flawlessly. I did try one thing lst night that at least got me to play once and that was reducing the graphic settings. Not sure how that would impact mouse clicks, but I will see if that continues working today.

So much for that...no longer working today, even with the reduced graphics. Noticing that it happens much more with the tutorial mission versus the others, but it does happen to the others as well.

I just might be out of luck with the demo and left hoping the actual game itself behaves better.

Anybody else having any issue with mouse buttons inside the actual gameplay? Sometimes when I go into the game, I can't select any buttons or units. Other times I go in and it works fine. Can't see a pattern. Since I have an ATI card, I have tried the ATI setting both on and off, with no luck.

Anybody else?

First time I fired the demo up I had about a 10 second delay on all input. Haven't had it since though. Try turning off catalyst AI or whatever it's called though, apart from a nearly 100% fps increase (in almost all games) that may be why I haven't had it happen.

First time I fired the demo up I had about a 10 second delay on all input. Haven't had it since though. Try turning off catalyst AI or whatever it's called though, apart from a nearly 100% fps increase (in almost all games) that may be why I haven't had it happen.

Thank you for the suggestions. Gave it a try and no luck. The funny thing is it works one time, then you exit and come back in and it no longer works. Ugh.

Hi all,

I've got exact same problem than OP with one laptop with ATI card, no problem with another laptop with Nvidia 8400M.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it dont ! cant figure out how to have it working 100% of the time :confused:

I simply restart the game...

PS : Im not using any mouse software, addon etc...

Thats the answer, get rid of the ati card.

Not an option :) This is the only game I have had this kind of problem, or frankly any kind of problem. ATI has worked great for me. I also tried a different mouse, nothing. Seems like some kind of conflict going on since it only happens within the game itself and only within the gameplay section.

If ati driver is loading some sort of hot key dll and you can figure out how to unload it then problem solved - maybe. Does ati use hot keys for changing settings or something?

Not sure...I usually just use default settings with ATI so not sure of all the stuff it comes with. That is my next steps today to start turning on/off stuff within the Catalyst software and see what happens.

Saga continues....seeing some interesting things.

1) When the gameplay screen first loads, as I mentioned before, I can't use the mouse buttons to select anything or the wheel mouse to zoom in/out. I also can't press keys like alt-q to quit. However, I just discovered if I scroll all the way right when the cursor is off the main map, I can then use the alt-q key. Still can't select troops though.

2) I also noticed if I scrolled far right off the screen, I can then hit the red game play button to begin the time. I can't do that on default view. However, still can't select troops.

Hopefully this provides the developers some more clues...

Ok, I was able to select the units finally...but not a workable solution. Just like I mentioned above, if I moved my mouse far to the right off the map, I could use the keystrokes. Just like that, if I move my position far off the map and than select on units, it works. However, can't really play this way since your a million miles away from the troops can can't really see much. Something is going on when your on the map versus off the map.

I did some benchmarking w/ my ATI card and had the issue when AA was set to Super-sample. It could be in conflict w/ the in-game AA setting.

Here are my settings that I found to give me the best combo of speed and nice GFX:

Game settings:

Display = desktop

Vsync = Off

3D Model = Improved

3d Texture = Best

AA/Multi-sample = On

High = On

ATI = On

Shadows = Off

CCC settings:

SV HD Anti-Aliasing = Use app

SV HD Anostropic Filtering = Use app

Tesselatiom = Use app

AI = Performance (disable)

Mipmap Detail = High Performance

Vertical Refresh = Off

AA = Multi-sample

Open GL = Triple Buffer

Try these and perhaps they will work.

Well, looks like I might have solved my issue, although not sure why. Not sure why I did not try this before, but decided to run the game in admin mode. Since I have done that, I have loaded the game 5+ times and have not seen the issue. I thought I read somewhere admin mode was not required, so never thought about that.

Keeping my fingers crossed this once and for all solves it.

I have a Logitec Mx Revolution and have had some issues since installing the demo. Sometime the hotkeys I have tied to the buttons work when I load the game, and sometimes they don’t. I hope it will not be an isuue with final release. I have grown very accustomed to using extra programmable keys with navigating the game.

I have a Logitec Mx Revolution and have had some issues since installing the demo. Sometime the hotkeys I have tied to the buttons work when I load the game, and sometimes they don’t. I hope it will not be an isuue with final release. I have grown very accustomed to using extra programmable keys with navigating the game.

I am using a standard microsoft mouse and saw issues as well. However, ever since I started running the game in admin mode, haven't seen an issue. You may want to try that.