CMBN Frame Rates/Performance

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the posts, I must have the slowest rig on here. Don't play a lot of games these days with two boys in hockey ;-) Been playing the demo and haven't noticed any slowdown yet on 1680x1050\Best\AA on:

Athlon 4000+

GF 8800GTS 320MB

2GB RAM

Win XP SP3

SB Live Xtreme (?) card

Originally Posted by PondScum View Post

Nice - thanks for doing the experiments! Have you compared CM:BN's antialiasing with that done by the ATI card? If the quality is comparable, that might be another way to eke out a few more fps.

Hmm...no I didn't - but I will tomorrow morning. I'll report the results here.

Tested CCC based AA - not only does it look worse but FPS went down. Advice for ATI users - set AA in game to On and set CCC AA to the lowest setting = Multi-sample

Gee, do you mean if you purposefully try to break the game you get slowdowns? Wow. A revelation.

No...

It not because of the trees (you can have the hole map full of them without lag) it only about the combination of wind+trees that gives you massiv lag !

Most likely a bug that can be fixed.

Gee, do you mean if you purposefully try to break the game you get slowdowns? Wow. A revelation.

That's not the point and I'm really a bit surprised by your post, considering you're a beta tester. Same with Sergei's posts.

Trees are not the problem, moving trees due to wind obviously are. And you don't need a map full of trees, this is just to show the problem. The massive FPS drop occurs in normal scenarios, such as the "Closing the Gap" scenario from the demo.