Do you play any music while playing?

Interesting, alot of the time I have gamed, both board and computer, music is playing in the background but for CM nada, just the game sounds. I think this is a testament to the CM's total immersion and those tell-tale rattles, sqeaks and screams can be vital indicators in decerning what maybe happening.

Oh I totally listen to music, not every game but often. I actually create playlists that are theme appropriate for the setting/side. I use a massive collection of soundtracks and era specific music. I pretty much create a complete game soundtrack/score that is appropriate for the game. Heck, I'll write the music myself if I have too. This does not mean I have wall to wall music, listening to the game sound design and SFX without music can also be very immersive. Although this would be more so if CMBN had a surround sound game engine.

I am an audio/sound/composer/sound designer in "real life" so its in my blood. :)

For me the music and SFX of a game is a HUGE part of the experience.

When playing no, but when playing in the editor and almost all other times yes... I listen to live365 era specific music, along with Todd Wright, Excentrics, The Who, Rolling Stones, and any Southern Rock/Blues/Country... Also have some sorta sports on TV in background, but with very low volume... and when my better half is around I listen to b$#$@!h, b#$@$h, b#@%@h, :)

I am an audio/sound/composer/sound designer in "real life" so its in my blood.

Thats cool, back in the early 90's I managed some bands and ran sound for them, also have writen some and play keyboards and a bit of guitar...;)

It's funny, there's some typical music to a few games: Everytime I hear Pet Shop Boys' "It's A Sin" I have to think of SSIs classic Kampfgruppe. When I played SSIs Clash of Steel, I had some Ace of Base cd running all night. And, of course, playing Battlefield Vietnam, it was Roling Stones 'Paint ist Black'!

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished my first CMBN scenario, and iTunes was playing "The Cemetery" by Jerry Goldsmith from the movie "Patton" as I scanned across the battlefield. It was a rather fitting soundtrack piece to wrap up my first CMBN experience.

I usually play selected pieces from the soundtrack from "The Battle of the Bulge" by Benjamin Frankel (yes, the movie was awful, but the soundtrack is excellent), "Patton", and a couple tunes from the "Kelly's Heroes" soundtrack ("Tiger Tank" & "Quick Draw Kelly", of course).

Great work, BFC.

Mark