are the starshells in the game

I could have sworn in the 2nd VAAR when the US halftrack was destroyed the fire somewhat illuminated the area, or at least it looked like it. The game was fought I thought near the evening... I need to watch it again..

Yes, vehicles fires, muzzle flash and explosions illuminate the surrounding area.

Yes, I wondered about that too.

But as I commented in the other thread, I could imagine the flickering light and shadows cast by descending illum rounds being rather a CPU hog. I'd love to see it, since I love night actions.

I'd also love to see some kind of "dummy" unit akin to a Spy (but with zero spotting ability of its own or ability to retrieve weapons) that (mostly) Germans could move about at night to trick green Allied troops into opening fire and giving away their positions to "real" German units in the vicinity.

I'd also love to see some kind of "dummy" unit akin to a Spy (but with zero spotting ability of its own or ability to retrieve weapons) that (mostly) Germans could move about at night to trick green Allied troops into opening fire and giving away their positions to "real" German units in the vicinity.

I read the Germans used some of the loose pigs or other farm animals in the area for that purpose -- they'd shoo a bunch of them out of the hedgerow and toward American positions in the night. The rustling would trick the greener American troops into firing wildly, so once they revealred their positions a mortar or artillery attack could be sent down on them.