Wow! I never closed a thread before!

I blame the internet and its anonymity for people being proper idiots to one another. If you had to stake your job or real life reputation on what you said even on the internet, people would be singing a different tune to one another. Course there still are those idiots who have a full closet worth of shoes in their mouths, but there is no helping people like that. They'll find a cure for cancer before the one for stupidity.

I blame the internet and its anonymity for people being proper idiots to one another. If you had to stake your job or real life reputation on what you said even on the internet, people would be singing a different tune to one another. Course there still are those idiots who have a full closet worth of shoes in their mouths, but there is no helping people like that. They'll find a cure for cancer before the one for stupidity.

Ron White sums it up pretty good "you can't fix stupid".

SC appears to not use either hexes or chits, going by the screenshots I've looked at so far. Is that not so? Although I haven't spotted a grid, it appears to use square tiles and instead of chits, sprites. Maybe chits are an option I haven't seen yet.

But more fundamentally, it does not appear to be an operational level game, but one set at the grand tactical/strategic level. What I had in mind with my question was something more like Atlantic Wall or Wacht am Rein, two classics of the genre.

Michael

Dennis Hopper gave a lecture when I was in graduate school in the late 1990s. It was like seeing Dennis Hopper, only...slightly less whacked out than you would expect. That was until he showed the video of him performing the "Dynamite Death Chair", and then you remember he is truly, deeply whacked out.

Harlen Ellison spoke at one of the early Computer Game Developer's Conferences (before it was sold to marketing suits). If anybody hasn't seen him speak, just think of the actor Dennis Hopper. Only more whacked out :D

Steve

I went to one of his lectures several years ago. He was like a small, Jewish Tasmanian Devil onstage. He threatened to choke to death anyone who even mentioned the name "Shatner" in any context.

We believed him.