Wow! I never closed a thread before!

Wow,I have yet to be warned.I have had a recent thread closed,but did not get a warning or anything.I feel so left out.I want to be Spanked by a BFC member.........Wait,that didn't sound right.:o

Now I feel icky. If a scorching hot shower doesn't make me feel clean, then I'll give you that warning.

;)

Steve

PoE I haven't checked out that forum on the Matrix website...as I have a sneaky feeling it would get out of hand if disucssing the two games...myself I see no comparison to be honest...both cover different theatres and I imagine both play totally differently...really can't see why we can't have a choice and we should rejoice we have two games that cater to our wargaming tactical needs...sometimes wargamers (though it happens with most games I expect) can be clanish and opinionated to the point of being damn right rude and very egotistic aswell as extremely argumentative...on the other hand most are the kindest\polite and genuine people I've ever come across...

The main reason why i thought that "The Game" was mediocre was it's really really large grid system. I came from CMx1 games where you didn't have a grid and was slumped right into a game that has like 20x20m grids. Couldn't even order people into a house properly.

Count yourself among the blessed.

If you take a gander at the troll-infested tripe that's posted over on the Matrix/Panzer Command Ostfront forum, you'd quickly come to appreciate the presence of effective moderation.

No kidding.

There's no telling the lunatics from the asylum staff over there.

There's some fun stuff to read over there :D

Personally, I don't know why people can't accept that diversity is the spice of life. No need to vilify another game unless it's trying to say it's something it isn't.

Kinda like the age old CMBO vs. Steel Panthers discussions we had here. I never had a problem with someone saying "I like Steel Panthers better", but I absolutely had a problem with something like "Steel Panthers is more/as realistic than Combat Mission". The first is an opinion of preference and it shouldn't be argued with. The second is a position which is about facts and that should be maturely and politely debated if someone disagrees with it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... we wish PCO the best of success. The wargame market is too under served and therefore the more the merrier.

Steve

There's some fun stuff to read over there :D

Personally, I don't know why people can't accept that diversity is the spice of life. No need to vilify another game unless it's trying to say it's something it isn't.

Kinda like the age old CMBO vs. Steel Panthers discussions we had here. I never had a problem with someone saying "I like Steel Panthers better", but I absolutely had a problem with something like "Steel Panthers is more/as realistic than Combat Mission". The first is an opinion of preference and it shouldn't be argued with. The second is a position which is about facts and that should be maturely and politely debated if someone disagrees with it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... we wish PCO the best of success. The wargame market is too under served and therefore the more the merrier.

Steve

Thanks to POE I decided to go look...thanks for nothing POE! LOL For what it's worth Erik did intervene on one thread to say exactly the same thing. That being said I fled the forum pretty quick, the general tone over there is so much more harsh and they spend an awful lot of time just bashing CM. Incidentally Steve, one poster has "proved" 1:1 is bad just so you know and can abandon any further work on this project. ;-P It is kind of sad as I do regularly visit some of their other forums (Mandrake's WITPAE thread is particularly fun reading), but for some reason there are a couple PCO posters who are just rabidly anti CMx2.

I think i posted over in that thread when I rad someone saying 1:1 doesn't work and had proof...can't remember what isaid but I haven't been back since...hardly post at matrix anymore...I post here, The Wargamer, Simh HQ sometimes and a few other forums everynow and again...but Matirx doesn't get a look in really...mainly due to them having no games on the horizon I'm interested...well two games are in the pipeline...one has no forum yet and the other is at Slitherine...

I do have to give credit to Matirx for allowing links to other games etc...without being told off...ahem....only joking..

So when is BFC going to start making operational level WW II games with chits for units on hex grid maps, huh Steve? Huh?

Already a reality if you mean "BFC" as a publisher

Incidentally Steve, one poster has "proved" 1:1 is bad just so you know and can abandon any further work on this project.

This fits into the now infamous "Fundamentally Flawed" group which told us to abandon CMx2, dust off CMx1, and crank out more of the same.

It is kind of sad as I do regularly visit some of their other forums (Mandrake's WITPAE thread is particularly fun reading), but for some reason there are a couple PCO posters who are just rabidly anti CMx2.

Some people do not like change. CMx2 is a major move forward for many, but to some it's akin to blasphemy. As is the case in pretty much any other similar black&white love/hate mindset, someone who has that bad of an emotional reaction to something isn't going to be kind, fair, or even coherent when presenting a counter opinion. Especially, as I found out, when I told such people that we weren't going to change and if they didn't like it they should just find something else to make them happy. The typical reaction to that was really interesting from a psychological standpoint. Apparently we "owe" some people and that means we have to do whatever they want and not what we or others want. And because we won't we're arrogant bastards who deserve to go out of business.

I swear, someone in the psychology field of study could easily find a masters thesis from this behavior without looking too hard.

but Matirx doesn't get a look in really...mainly due to them having no games on the horizon I'm interested...well two games are in the pipeline...one has no forum yet and the other is at Slitherine...

It will be interesting to see where things go post buyout. The track record for such buyouts isn't very good, unfortunately. Even when the Big Boys do it. Sierra Online purchased three of the best sim/wargame companies out there; Dynamix, Papyrus, and Impressions. They killed off all three after years of successes. And I speak as a former insider on this particular topic.

I do have to give credit to Matirx for allowing links to other games etc...without being told off...ahem....only joking..

:D

Steve

(Mandrake's WITPAE thread is particularly fun reading),

Cap Mandrake and Sprior's thread is the greatest thread in the history of wargames. Well, not that much wargaming actually happens in that thread...:D

You know, I see the same fanboi/hater behavior on nearly every board I visit now....the COD board over at SimHQ has become almost unreadable due to the incredible level of faction-eering from both sides. It's not just games, though (although the sim/ wargame community does seem especially bad,) it's everywhere online; I've been looking for decent information on phones recently and it's exactly the same.

It's got to the stage where, if I see someone using the terms fanboi or hater in anger, any otherwise decent point the poster may have been trying to make just vanishes in a magic puff of 'I No Longer Care.' It's just not funny anymore and it's becoming destructive. Doubly so when you remember the actual size of the wargame/sim scene.

I'm with Steve; I've been advocating a study into this madness for a while now. I'm sure someone cold win a Nobel prize for it.