Odd map editor question

Is it possible to 'stitch' existing maps together to create new ones? I have a half-baked plan to recreate some of my favourite Squad Leader scenarios and a feature like this would be handy rather than having to rebuild each and every map. I'm not really expecting it to, but you never know until you ask.

B

I doubt it... I know I made some awesome maps from the Squad leader boards You could actually with a friend or not make Squad Leader scenerios... but then I began to look at topography maps and everything expanded. Now My maps take about 24 hours or so to create... As in CMSF, CM Normandy will have all the little fluff stuff to add to your maps to make them more creative and realistic.. So I dont think you will be able to stitch in old maps... totaly different language Im sure. All I can say is that I look forward in having alot of fun making maps as realistic as possible.

I think the question was can you have, say, four maps A, B, C and D and then combine them to create new maps like AB, CD, AC, BD and so on. Unfortunately this is not possible.

In CMx1 utility Mapping Mission you could copy-paste terrain, so with it you could do just that. And much more. I wish some great soul made a Mapping Mission type program for CMx2.

Is it possible to 'stitch' existing maps together to create new ones? I have a half-baked plan to recreate some of my favourite Squad Leader scenarios and a feature like this would be handy rather than having to rebuild each and every map. I'm not really expecting it to, but you never know until you ask.

B

Not sure of the scale you are looking at, but you could create one large map, save multiple copies and then edit those down to a usable size for smaller battles. For example you create a 4x4 km map then save A, B, C and D. Then edit those down by deleting appropriately to have each represent a 2x2 or even edit it and create 16 1x1 maps. Alternatively you could have different scenarios of different size using the same 4x4 original. In hedgerow country that is quite a large map to start from. Not sure if this is goes toward what you were thinking or not, but hope it is helpful.

Not sure if this is goes toward what you were thinking or not...

I think he was hoping that it would be possible to take the smaller maps and shuffle their arrangement into a new larger map, sort of the way you could with AH's geomorphic mapboards that accompanied such games as PanzerBlitz and Squad Leader.

Michael

The opposite works, though. You make yourself one whopping giant map then 'repurpose' it for 3-4-5 smaller scenario maps each using a different corner. nobody seemed to have noticed the CMSF Brit module had two scenarios set in the town of Aadra and the bottom/right portion of one map was used as the upper/left protion of the other. :)