I have every SC game so far, and love Hubert and the support of the team. But this purchase is going to be a tough one for me. I admit, I haven't done much more than look at the screen shots. I just don't know if I can do another SC game. The counters are so familiar...not that that is bad.

Please someone, sell me on this one.

I have every SC game so far, and love Hubert and the support of the team. But this purchase is going to be a tough one for me. I admit, I haven't done much more than look at the screen shots. I just don't know if I can do another SC game. The counters are so familiar...not that that is bad.

Please someone, sell me on this one.

Hi Rosseau.

As someone who has bought every avaiable Strategic Command release, just like you, please let me tell you this:

there are plenty of new units, plenty of new places to fight over, more features, more pictures, new strategies to use or to think about, everything bigger and better, honestly: if you need one Strategic Command Game, than it is this new World War 1 beauty. I have never had so much fun playing an Strategic Command Game ever before. I'm not lying. It is the simple truth. I played it as part of the Beta Test against human opponents, and here it really rocks. There are no sure strategies, no standard turns, there are victories, losses, hopes, dreams, fears, horrors, excitement, and lots of surprises.

The new game engine is the best one ever, the fresh scenario is FRESH, there is so much love to details in this game. It is really awesome.

And when you have played this game some time, you will have much more fun playing a WW2 scenario. There is now way arround this: WW1 will help you to understand WW2 even better.

Do yourself a favour. Buy this game. What you can already do is this: get a friend, a buddy or a Battlefront forum member and arrange already today your first multiplayer game with SC WW1. You will both love what will happen to you when you play this game. I described this feeling once like this: everytime your receive an email with the next played turn of your opponent is like christmas morning: a fresh present, and the whole excitement about what might in there.

Having fun with Multiplayer games doesn't mean the the AI is weak or nonexistant, the opposite is true. But as in every Strategic Command game you will find the most fun in playing against a human mind.

Both of you should of course agree that it is a matter of honor not to reload a game turn. If both players stand to their mistakes, just like their historical counterparts during WW1 were simply forced to, you will reach the top of strategic gaming fun.

I hope this little insight into my mind helps at least a bit for your decision.

Hubert, this isn't the way to treat people.

Letting beta-testers make sly jokes..and the last post about "sorry, I have to go play this game you don't have yet"...is just childish bull****.

It's not an unreasonable question to ask about release at this point. And it's not unreasonable to ask for an answer from those at Battlefront, not a childish *******.

Sorry, MadWoman, if i steped out of line here than i'm terribly sorry, and only my mistake alone. I just wanted to express how much fun this game already is, even though still in the beta status.

Please accept my apologies, my lines were never ment to hurt someone or to make sly jokes or anything like this at all.

I promise to remain silent until the game has been released, as this negative vibe was never the reaction i wanted to create when i wrote here in the last days.

I feel terrible if this is was what my comment has caused, honestly.

Sorry, MadWoman, if i steped out of line here than i'm terribly sorry, and only my mistake alone. I just wanted to express how much fun this game already is, even though still in the beta status.

Please accept my apologies, my lines were never ment to hurt someone or to make sly jokes or anything like this at all.

I promise to remain silent until the game has been released, as this negative vibe was never the reaction i wanted to create when i wrote here in the last days.

I feel terrible if this is was what my comment has caused, honestly.

Dude, don't apologize! MadWoman is just mad.:D MadWoman is taking this, unfortunately, just to personally (don't know why)!!!!:confused: MadWoman asked the question of Hubert and of Battlefront. There is no way of you or any Beta Testers knowing when this is being released!!!!!! So... MadWoman please be patient and DO NOT take things personally (especially since he was talking to you)!!!!!:cool:

Typical self-gratifying female, now you know why they garnish the "female canine" moniker. Don't worry...all will be forgotten shortly, just like it never happened and we'll all go back to being lovey-dovey.;)

Pretty sure she (if "she" is) is just pulling your string, xwood, living up to "her" pseudonym.:P Bet "she's" American too, and as unbelievable it is they're influencing the rest of the World.:eek: Guess Who knew what they were singing about!:cool:

Please guys, stay nice.

Matter of fact is that i for myself can understand how the user MadWoman might have felt when he/she read my post, which last and already from me deleted line could easily be misunderstood in a way i never intended the line to be.

I would feel very bad if this understandable reaction of MadWomen would lead to bad comments into this users direction, as it was my lines which caused the misunderstanding.

I would bet, knowing me, that i might have reacted the same way if the roles were opposed.

Those poor fellows which i verbally hit here and in other SC forums know about what i writing about here.

Sometimes i bark, sometimes i'm thoughtless, and sometimes i fall at the language hurdle.

Please guys, stay nice.

Matter of fact is that i for myself can understand how the user MadWoman might have felt when he/she read my post, which last and already from me deleted line could easily be misunderstood in a way i never intended the line to be.

I would feel very bad if this understandable reaction of MadWomen would lead to bad comments into this users direction, as it was my lines which caused the misunderstanding.

I would bet, knowing me, that i might have reacted the same way if the roles were opposed.

Those poor fellows which i verbally hit here and in other SC forums know about what i writing about here.

Sometimes i bark, sometimes i'm thoughtless, and sometimes i fall at the language hurdle.

Sorry Dude, not trying to make it worse for ya!

Thanks all of you. And I appreciate your detailed response, Xwormwood. I know you are a busy person and a somewhat "famous" one on this site.

I know it sounds crazy, but I've never played an SC game MP. So I appreciate those insights. I will first learn the system and give it a go. Only other games I've played MP is FoG and BA over at Slitherine. The latter was pretty exciting.

So I will look at this purchase as an investment in the future. There does seem to be a lot of excitement surrounding this release. Plus, CMBN and ToW Korea. Bless you, BF.

Thanks, Rosseau, but please allow me to correct you: i'm not famous at all.

Neither on this site, not anywhere else.

I'm just a regular guy like you, nothing more, nothing less.

I just talked with my brother, who is interested in history just like i am, and he stopped playing computer game soom after the first strategic command got released, having a familiy and 4 childs.

But he saw the game, and had the opportunity to play it against me for several game turns, and he too agrees that this one is a special gem in computer wargame history.

Usually we play board game against each other, whenever he can spare some free time, without neglecting his wife and kids.

When it comes to WW1, we played the "little monster game" "The Great War in Europe Deluxe" and "Path to Glory", both are very fine but different board games about the first world war. While the first need you to spend at least a week of real time (!) to even reach the year 1917. the second one is to simplistic. Both are fun to play.

But none of them is as easy to play and difficult to master as the new Strategic Command WW1 game. The "mini monster game" is about as good, but who really wants to place 1200 game pieces on to large maps, wants to read dozens of rules and exceptions, and like to watch the gameboard to be covered from dust, crumbs and hairs after one week of real time, only to agree that the game can't be ended because no one can spare the time and place to play it even further.

So i'm glad that he agrees with me that Strategic Command is a dream come true when it comes to WW1 wargames, maybe even to computer wargames at all.

Believe me, my brother has nothing to gain to say so. Nothing but to tell the truth.

It is not like the blind can see after playing SC WW1 or that you will win the lottery when you purchase the game.

But if you are looking for the best Strategic Command game ever, if you are looking for a fresh and unspent scenario, if you are looking for a well designed campaign and lots of chrome and nice new features, than you will find it in the newest SC release.

This is not hot air, this is based on a very personal experience. And knowing that at least my own brother agrees with me, i feel very confident to recommand this game for everyone seeking for a real wargaming treat.

Forget all your fromer WW2 experience, they won't help you much, but dare to enter a completly different WW1 reality.

Think back to the time when you played your first WW2 games. You were excited, everything seemed possible, dangers and hopes, dreams of glory and fear of utter defeat, everything seemed possible.

With this WW1 game you will leap back into time, as all these feelings and experience long lost will will return to you.

Even if you know history, you won't expect everything which can happen to you in a WW1 game.

Don't miss this. You really don't want to miss this. I promise. Its like you are suddenly Marty McFly, having used the De Lorean, and having the same experiences like you used to have when you first stumbled into WW2 games.

Invaluable.

The experience of two veteran boardgamers, you and brother, means a lot. And I must remember about the possible WW2 scenario down the line, huge map and the game editor, which is a must-have feature for me to purchase. Well, maybe we will see it this week!

You may have "sold" a few more people than me on this thread. That's what the world needs more of, enthusiasm--and love, of course. Thanks.

Hang in there guys... final touches being worked on and if all goes well it will be out soon enough but we just can't give a final date yet... hopefully this is understandable and believe me it will be released as soon as it is ready.

In the meantime, what I can honestly say is thanks again for all the support and interest :)