I just gotta know...

Carbine Grogs. Grr. It didn't but I just happened to take the picture at the time with the 30 round in it instead of the 15 as I have a couple of each.

Well, you'll just have to take another one then, won't you? We can't allow historical inaccuracy to start creeping in now can we? The wrong magazine here, the wrong sling swivel there and pretty soon the whole armory will have gone to hell and we may as well issue cap pistols. Hmph!

Michael

I'd literally go shooting every weekend for two months if I had those! Nice!

Oh they get a lot of exercise in the spring/summer/fall. The only one I don't really shoot is the Arisaka. Ammo is scarce and pretty expensive when you do find it. Still a bunch of surplus 8mm and 7.65x54R and .30-06 floating around so the German, Russian and American stuff gets shot the most. .303 is starting to creep up but deals can also still be found from time to time. The trick is stockpiling when it is on the cheap, you see? :D:cool:

The Thompson is not TOO bad either as it's .45ACP pistol bullets and semi-auto.

Loads of fun, all of them. I really dig em. Been slowly collecting them for years. I also have a 1944 Nazi marked P-38 9mm pistol that has an interesting story behind it! No import marks so it's a battlefield bring-back. Also a Colt model 1911 .45 for the pistol side of things. :D

Well, you'll just have to take another one then, won't you? We can't allow historical inaccuracy to start creeping in now can we? The wrong magazine here, the wrong sling swivel there and pretty soon the whole armory will have gone to hell and we may as well issue cap pistols. Hmph!

Michael

There, I knew I had an older pic somewhere with the 15 round mag. Better? Actually the handguard isn't correct either, it's an after war civillian model carbine instead of a full on military version. Don't worry it's on the list. .30 carbine ammo is not cheap though either. Lots of fun to shoot though.

IMG_4438.jpg

Thanks! Don't even get me started on my black powder collection, it's extensive. :D ...

No, no, do tell about your black powder collection :)

I may prefer WWII for my wargaming, but I've always loved those old guns.

Loading is a mission, cleaning is a mission - must be love.

Please :)

No, no, do tell about your black powder collection :)

I may prefer WWII for my wargaming, but I've always loved those old guns.

Loading is a mission, cleaning is a mission - must be love.

Please :)

Should I start a new thread instead of completely hijacking this one? My Dad was a buckskinner and I grew up shooting black powder before I even knew about cartridge/modern guns. He collected flintlocks and percussion rifles and even made a few himself, my prized possessions actually and priceless to me now he's gone. I am a Civil War reenactor so in addition to my WWII stuff and my Dad's early period stuff I have quite a few Civil War era weapons.

There, I knew I had an older pic somewhere with the 15 round mag. Better?

Good show. That's the spirit!

Actually the handguard isn't correct either...

I noticed that but didn't want to turn criticizing into a big production. BTW, the forestock doesn't look quite right either, but maybe that's just me.

Lots of fun to shoot though.

I don't doubt it. I had a friend years ago who bought one for his wife. They let me carry it in a costume party once and I fell in love with it. Never got to fire it though...

Michael

They let me carry it in a costume party once and I fell in love with it. Never got to fire it though...

Michael

I had a friend that went to a costume party dressed as Rambo, after a few too many drinks he decided to try and stumble home with his plastic M-16 slung over his shoulder. He got about half an hour into the walk when he was surrounded by police with weapons drawn.

Phantom Captain,

I got to play with a lot of cool stuff, including all the weapons pictured, when I worked in the Seabee museum while I was processing out due to my injury. When I started there, they had NO IDEA where their weapons were or what they had. But, honest as I am, I squared them all away, tagged them, etc. It would have been extremely easy to snag any of them, as I opened and closed the museum on my own and had a set of keys. It was really cool just to hold them all though. We had stuff from WW2, Europe and Pacific, Korea, Vietnam, and the Gulf War. All types of really cool artifacts. One of my favorites was a Japanese samurai sword with a bullet dent. :)

Baneman!

Ha, ha -- you missed something, not being at the CM:BN preview in Chicago. (So you're in Scotland. What a lame excuse that is.) Phantom Captain had the most amazing photos to share; American Civil War reenactments, perfect uniforms (Iron Brigade!), correct weapons -- hearing the retelling of experiences during reenactments was fascinating. I know that you've seen his full weapon load-out by now, it's a fascinating collection.

But why am I ragging on you like this? You know me as "Cheuali" on another forum.

I will fight you in CM:BN! I will smash you!!

Dibs on Panthers in our first battle. (blows loud, wet, rasberry)

Baneman!

I will fight you in CM:BN! I will smash you!!

Dibs on Panthers in our first battle. (blows loud, wet, rasberry)

To quote River in Firefly - "I'm hearing a lot of talk there genius - show me what you got !"

Dibs on Panthers eh ? So much for you liking being the Russian underdog in CMBB.

Alright, bring your Panther - I'm gonna have ... Tube Guy(s) !!

:) :)