Next DAR should be between Beta tester and Newb (Cmx1 player)

I think it would be very interesting to see a DAR between a beta tester who has been playing CMBN for awhile now, and a CMx1 player who has not yet seen the game. It would be quite edifying for the CM crowd who has not played much CMSF due to lack of interest but may be returning for CMBN. It would highlight some of the major changes, impediments, and perhaps the major barriers/disadvantages that old CMx1 players may face and provide them with a good overview of what to expect.

Of course we will expect the newbie to CMBN to be crushed, but I think it would be highly entertaining and informative to see this play out with the Newbie narratively and graphically battling with the challenges of the new game engine and an experienced beta opponent.

I would like to nominate a few of my We Band of Brothers er brothers to be the proverbial guinea pig here (but not me, too busy, in case you think this was a cheap plug to try and get a free copy and preview of the game before the rest of you wankers).

: )

Cheers!

Leto

I doubt they will give over a beta version to someone who isn't a beta tester just for an AAR....I love the old CM....however CMSF beats it hand down...I also have no interest whatsoever in post WW2 especially late 20th early 21st century warfare...Also the fictional war portrayed in CMSF does nothing for me...however I still bought it and loved it...the perfect tactical wargame out...i even bought the Marine and Brit modules...the Brit moduel especially getting alot of play...

So from this old CMx1 player I have to say that on the whole CMx2 beats it hands down....there are a couple of points to do with WEGO (I only play WEGO) that CMx1 did better but nothing that can't be worked around using the orders menu (pause for set amount of time comes in very handy).

I can honestly say that if your thing is tactical and you have even the slightest interest in WW2 your going to be very pleased indeed with the CMx2 engine.

Nothing is perfect and I'd bet this sim wont be, however it will be near enough and better than anything else by far.

So from this old CMx1 player I have to say that on the whole CMx2 beats it hands down....there are a couple of points to do with WEGO (I only play WEGO) that CMx1 did better but nothing that can't be worked around using the orders menu (pause for set amount of time comes in very handy).

I can honestly say that if your thing is tactical and you have even the slightest interest in WW2 your going to be very pleased indeed with the CMx2 engine.

Nothing is perfect and I'd bet this sim wont be, however it will be near enough and better than anything else by far.

And I'm supposed to keep my expectations in check?! Ha! This is the sort of praise I want to hear ... love WW2 tactical, check. Love original CMBO in OS9, check. Expectations exceeded, sir!