• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JackCoostow,

Welcome aboard!

Pesadija,

SPI's Patrol covers many post WW II scenarios, and are they ever diverse. I still remember zapping my brother's VC squad with a cleverly sited ambush. DYO's eminently doable, but I've never done it.

If rules are what you seek, prepare to be stunned. These are free, so I should be okay with Moon. Not responsible for possible mind warpage or elation caused damage!

http://www.freewargamesrules.co.uk/modern.html

I've wargamed using GDW's Combined Arms and some slim saddle stitched booklet with an OD cover.

Meanwhile, have some fun with this. Challenger 2000; am pretty sure I played the original Challenger. Speaking of such things, In Service Miniatures made some great modern armor, which had that real combat vehicle look via stowage, nets and such, plus lots of wonderful exotica to include jammers, Russian 280mm MRLs, FSTs and more.

Regards,

John Kettler

Lt Belenko,

Canoga Park, California. That's where we did the design and development work. I worked in the Operations Analysis Department there. Tucson was our manufacturing facility, but I never got to see it, other than in company films. But then, I saw very little of the facility in which I worked, either.

Regards,

John Kettler

I spent some time in HAC Fullerton in the 80s. Much lower level worker bee. I was aware of the other sites/groups too but never went to any of them either...Long ago and far away job...

Lt Belenko,

I tried in the late 1970s, I think, to get one of GSG's (Ground Systems Group)'s big liquid crystal displays for our battle analysis center, but failed miserably. You guys also had the awesome Firefinder countermortar/counterbattery radars, too. My time in military aerospace seems almost like another person lived it, so much have I changed.

Regards,

John Kettler

Pasa,

I used to have a Gaming Hobby Shop in Virginia back in the early 80's till early 90's' before selling it.

We carried Military Board Games, Books, along with GHQ, C&C, and other 15-25mm Miniatures & Rules ( WRG series especially ). Unfortunately, we also had to carry Fantasy & Sci-Fi products to keep the shop alive as it was our breed & butter so to speak.

My specialty was in WWII Micro-Armor ( HO ROCO mini yrs before ), and I would host Miniature Games on a Table-Top playing surface at the shop or at local conventions. On the weekends it was interesting, on one side of the shop we had the D&D & Sci-Fi Gaming Group ( I also played some Star Trek & Star Fleet Battles ) while the other side held the Historical Gaming Group all playing on different gaming tables...Yes, those were the Good Ole Days of Miniature Wargaming before venturing into Software Games.

I still have a large WWII Miniature collection, and use a Pool Table for the Gaming surface ( mostly just for setup, haven't played in yrs ).

Joe