Any Canadian Betas?

I feel I should point out what I already said in another one of these preview threads. Having a preview in a location is not a decision made by BFC. Rather, the following criteria must be satisfied:

1. A Beta tester lives in the area

2. The beta tester is willing to conduct a preview

3. The beta tester has the resources to conduct a preview

4. The beta tester has the time to conduct a preview

All of those (save perhaps the first) are totally out of BFC's hands, and all of those must be satisfied. If there's no preview in your area, that does not mean that BFC does not care about you, it just means that some of those criteria are not satisfied.

The Northern California people are lucky that Phillip and ND also live in the area, as if I was the only one here there wouldn't be a preview (I do not satisfy condition #3 ;)).

Clear? :)

I feel I should point out what I already said in another one of these preview threads. Having a preview in a location is not a decision made by BFC. Rather, the following criteria must be satisfied:

1. A Beta tester lives in the area

2. The beta tester is willing to conduct a preview

3. The beta tester has the resources to conduct a preview

4. The beta tester has the time to conduct a preview

All of those (save perhaps the first) are totally out of BFC's hands, and all of those must be satisfied. If there's no preview in your area, that does not mean that BFC does not care about you, it just means that some of those criteria are not satisfied.

The Northern California people are lucky that Phillip and ND also live in the area, as if I was the only one here there wouldn't be a preview (I do not satisfy condition #3 ;)).

Clear? :)

I guess 1-3 seem pretty simple to me anyways. I take it your not aware of any Canadian testers then?

If I can get the web cast / streaming thing working (no guarantee of that refer points 3 & 4 above) perhaps that might cover the gap.

Or depending on where you live in Canada just jump the puddle and go to Chicago?

Sounds interesting. Just in the Toronto area. If it was summer a nice sail to Chicago would be nice indeed.

Sounds interesting. Just in the Toronto area.

I'd try to bribe Steve to let me hold one in the Toronto area, but I know it'd do no good as I am both not a tester (just a fan from way way back, and also he's utterly incorruptible). If any testers are in the TO area, I'd be willing to pay for food for 20 to watch a demo in out area, though.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd try to bribe Steve to let me hold one in the Toronto area, but I know it'd do no good as I am both not a tester (just a fan from way way back, and also he's utterly incorruptible). If any testers are in the TO area, I'd be willing to pay for food for 20 to watch a demo in out area, though.

Ditto to that EH!