My biggest issue

This is a game breaker for me:

I'm running a fairly decent computer, but for some reason this game is just choppy. Any map larger than a platoon size get weird on me...choppy and sometimes even laggy. I know this game isnt graphically intense, which is fine with me (this is not a gripe) but as of now, it is no longer enjoyable playing this because of how bad the frame rates are.

Can anyone help out?

Any advice with speeding up the game?

I'm running the following:

Dell XPS, 3ghz processor

3gig RAM

1gig nVidia GeForce GTX 280

Thank you

While the game is running, open up task manager and set the CMSF process priority to High. Also, since CMSF only uses a single core, set it to use your main core instead of jumping between them.

I'm sure Redwolf will arrive momentarily to provide more indepth expert advice than I can provide, but try these out.

Was this system running CMSF fine at some point or has CMSF always performed in a mediocre manner on this computer ?

Which specific 3GHz CPU do you have installed on your Dell XPS (Pentium 4, Core2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, etc.) ? Which Windows version are you running ? What security software do you have installed on the system ? Do you know what is running in the background when you're playing CMSF ?

What resolution do you run CMSF at and what settings do you set within CMSF's 'Options' and what settings do you have set within Nvidia's 'NVIDIA Control Panel' for '3D Settings' ?

A piece of software that is a bit more useful than the built-in Task Manager is Process Explorer, which can show you exactly what is taking up the CPU's time.

Some people have also said some good things about Process Lasso, though I have not used it myself.

Speaking of graphics, my screen flickers whenever I give an order (basically, whenever I left click). Not sure why, but Ill have to play around with the settings.

But of course, this is on my low-quality computer, not the one which can run Crysis on medium-high.

Specs:

Win XP

Geforce 5500FX (yeah, I know its old)

2 gb Ram

3.58ghz single core intel processor