Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Feature request, slow and steady camera movement

I've always felt the camera movement for CMx1 and now CMx2 to be clunky.(although better in CMSF) It's not a broken deal breaker though. But your average RTS game has much better smoother camera controls. Though BF doesn't have the manpower of those big studio's. Two words come to mind, "good enough", but having said that, there is certainly room for improvement though.

FYI: use the WASD movement keys for small finer adjustments and the mouse over screen edges for the bigger sweeping movements. Also the tab key locks to your highlighted units position.

OR . . . if you hold down the RIGHT mouse button and then move the mouse, the camera pivots in place (as slow or fast as you move the mouse).

If you hold down the LEFT mouse button and then move the mouse, the camera tracks/pans along your last fixed axis (as slow or fast as you move the mouse).

These are really nice functions for fine or large camera movements.

OR . . . if you hold down the RIGHT mouse button and then move the mouse, the camera pivots in place (as slow or fast as you move the mouse).

If you hold down the LEFT mouse button and then move the mouse, the camera tracks/pans along your last fixed axis (as slow or fast as you move the mouse).

These are really nice functions for fine or large camera movements.

Yes, but it still accelerates. Anyway, it's not crucial, but it's been bothering me of late.

Yes, but it still accelerates.

Mine doesn't :confused:

You have to be pretty precise with your mousing, but I use the mouse + L or R click all the time to zoom about the place. Moving the mouse big distances causes big and fast movements, but fine detail and slow movement can definately be done with careful mousing.

I do admit it takes a fine touch sometimes. We used to get complaints about the camera shooting unexpectedly out into space but it turned out to just be players not paying attention to where their cursor is on the screen. Inadvertantly bash it into an edge and Zoom! The closer you right-click-move your cursor to the center of the screen the slower and more fluid the movements are.