License

Well yes there is.

Otherwise what would stop you duplicating the disc and installing it all over the place?

BTS / BFC are meant to make money on this and copy protection is how that happens.

Depending on how many copies you have already installed (I think its two installs per license) you need to uninstall it and de license it from one of the two machines its already on and then install it on the third.

You can have 2 active installations of a single copy of the game. If, like me, you happen to have a situation where you had the game installed on a computer that broke down you can simply email BFC support and explain the situation, they will give you new licenses. :)

It is not the best solution by far, but seeing how many copies of CMBO and CMBB were downloaded from Suprnova and other torrent sites at the time, I can understand perfectly why a marginal game developer will pick this route.

they will give you new licenses

To be exact, we won't give you new licenses, but will reset your existing license key so you will regain one of the two instances you can have at the same time. But the, by far, better and faster way is to UNLICENSE a key from your end. See our Knowledgebase for more details about how eLicense works.

Actually for awhile, I was annoyed with the licensing issue, but upon consideration, it is actually not bad, and my annoyance was mostly due to my own misunderstanding of it. It is easy enough to deal with, and you can have it licensed on 2 computers at the same time, so what more can one ask for? And as a side note, worth it to keep one of the very few GOOD war gaming companies financially capable of turning out more games.

To be exact, we won't give you new licenses, but will reset your existing license key so you will regain one of the two instances you can have at the same time. But the, by far, better and faster way is to UNLICENSE a key from your end. See our Knowledgebase for more details about how eLicense works.

Ah ha, the answer to my question is in the above quote I think! Yes I have installed the game on 2 computers, my sons and my own, so we can play against each other. My son came to me last night asking for the disc so he could install CMSF on his computer. I'm guessing he has uninstalled the game, but not the licence, so wanting to reinstall the game, it is asking for a third licence, what Moon suggests above should solve my problem, Just one question to Moon, if the game has been deleted how does one cancel the licence or can I cancel both from my installment and re register? Finally cancelling the licence doesn't uninstall the do does it??

Ron

Ah ha, the answer to my question is in the above quote I think! Yes I have installed the game on 2 computers, my sons and my own, so we can play against each other. My son came to me last night asking for the disc so he could install CMSF on his computer. I'm guessing he has uninstalled the game, but not the licence, so wanting to reinstall the game, it is asking for a third licence, what Moon suggests above should solve my problem, Just one question to Moon, if the game has been deleted how does one cancel the licence or can I cancel both from my installment and re register? Finally cancelling the licence doesn't uninstall the do does it??

Ron

I never understood why uninstalling the game doesn't run the unlicense process before nuking the thing?

I never understood why uninstalling the game doesn't run the unlicense process before nuking the thing?

Uninstalling DOES trigger the Unlicense routine. When you start uninstallation, the unlicense window is the first thing that pops up.

But it's not automatic. You have to click on the "Unlicense" button (usually, your key will be already entered for you). If you don't and click "Cancel" instead, then the uninstallation will continue without unlicensing.

Battlefront help me quickly,as above I am trying to install the game on a second computer,and after several attempts I am still getting the same message no more licences for this product. I have followed the auto and manual procedures for unlicencing my game.I can reinstall one computer and not the other. please help. This is a typical situation where the honest paying customer isn't playing while the pirate probably is. I haven't normally got a problem with a copy protection system, however I do now cos I'm not getting what I've paid for. It's probaly a simple issue, but the bottom line is I not playing when should be. please help BF or a good forum sole.

One pissed customer of ten years

Ron

Could be worse - you could have been up here sitting through the last of the cricket torture. :(

hehe what are you complaining about! the Melbourne loss was greater, and at least u have some New South Welshmen in the side! ( Mmmm perhaps the answer to the question lies in that statement).

Yes except I bought the tickets ages ago and ever since Brisbane had this mounting dread that I was going to have to sit through a 5 day nightmare, and I did. :(

The only good news is that due to the exchange rate the Balmy Army were spending a lot more of their money to be here.

The license remains and can be separately removed after the game is uninstalled, as far as I know.

I don't think that's possible. The main executable is the program you call to unlicense. Obviously that is nuked during deinstallation.

You can unlicense it after you reinstall the game. Removing the exe does not remove the license for it, and you can unlicense it after reinstalling.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a licence issue at the moe.

have 2 desktop systems.

which had both liscence's installed.

i then de-activated one, and let me brother try the game out with marines and british module..all worked well on his side, but am now having trouble re-activating one of the liscences on my 2nd desktop even tho (with his word :-/) that he has un-liscenced it on his end....

any one had this???