Full colour silouttes v1.30a including NATO released

It is done.

I haven't uploaded it to the repository yet, but you can download it from my own website, just follow the link to 'Pimp you CM' below in my sig.

The mod contains icons for all sides of the base game, Marines, British and NATO modul. v130a contains also new silouhettes for all air and artillery units, so you may consider to DL the mod even if you do not own the NATO modul.

nato1.pngnato3.pngnato5.png

nato2.pngnato4.png

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent. Must grab these. I am new (as in 1 day) to CMSF (long time CMBO player - remember your work from there too) and knew very well how to install graphic mods for that. No idea for CMSF (just about to have a further hunt round for info), maybe these come with a readme that explains it, some others I have DL don't so am a bit lost.

The mods may come in a zip or rar folder. You need to "unzip" these and you will find usually a folder that contains either a .brz file or actual graphics files.

Simply copy that folder into the Z folder under DATA. (Create a Z folder under DATA if one does not already exist.)

I also create folders called something like CMSF MODS and CMSF SOUND MODS somewhere else and keep copies of all my mods in there as well. You may find that you want to try out mods and delete others and I find it's safer to keep a copy of ALL mods.

What I don't understand is that sometimes one unzips a mod and one finds only graphics files - ie no folder. I am unsure if you simply copy those graphics files into the Z folder (messy) or if you are expected to create your own folder, put those graphics files in this new folder and then put the new folder in the Z folder.

Like so many other things mod management is trickier and more complex than the good old CM1 days.

It sure is!! That said, it does seem like it might be easier to manage what you have/don't have if you can/should create folders pertaining to each mod within the Z Folder (e.g. NATO Icons, AKD Sound and Scipio etc etc). I doubt I'll mod this as much as CMBO mind!! I also plan to keep copies, in fact with CMBO I had a Mod folder containing three folders (Installed, Not Installed and For Trial) but I did have loads for that!!

Modding that became a hobby in itself!! I was on 'dial up' then mind, those were days LOL!!! Not so many mods about for this also but the ones I plan to use seem very good and popular. Be interesting to see what happens mod wise when CM:Normandy surfaces - can't wait!!!