Not to mention the "National Morale" level which leads me to believe countries will now surrender if a certain level is not maintained. As a major, you will now have to pay particular attention to the NM level of your minors if and when the enemy decides to pressure them.

I'm wonder about these new units, especially recon bombers, hello Pacific islands!

Shell technology seems to be another interesting aspect, we'll have to see what the WW2 modders can do with this and the new other features. I'm not a big WW1 fan but looking and dreaming of some possibilities the new mechanics bring to our WW2 stage leaves me salivating!:)

8 Majors = Modders Dream.

I hope for the sake of the mod community that there will be dozens of empty country slots with the release, as to not limit the countries that can be included in future games. And if not, please add empty country slots!

8 majors and up to 57 minors, so I don't think anyone will be short of country slots... :)

The units in the game can be manipulated any way you want. From the original SC2 I came up with various units including Garrisons, Mech, CVLs, CVEs, and ASW bombers. Its just a matter of getting creative. The key thing here is 8 major powers.

Ive been around wargames for over 25 years and by a good margin Hubert and team and doing a tremendous job on their games. Each one is a nice improvement over the next.

I always try to promote their games if anyone is looking for WW2 and now WW1 games. I am enjoying the WW1 game quite a bit. Most WW1 games are boring but this one is fun because it involves all aspects of a wargames: diplomacy, decisions, naval, air, tanks, infantry, production, artillery, and a larger map than the other WWI games I have seen which focus on in Europe and discount the war in Persia.

The map size is excellent also. Now if only SC2 made coffee for me in the morning it will be perfect.

Minor Nations surrender? Hmmmmm.... only 1 minor nation actually surrendered in the whole war before the collapse of the CP - Romania, and that only when Russia collapsed so it had no connection to any major belligerant on its side.

It did not surrender when almsot completely over-run and its army destroyed - indeed increasing the size of its military after occupation!

Serbia - toally over-run, but still fielded 6 divisions on the Macedonian front.

Belgium - only retained a miniscule sliver of its territory free from occupation but maintained 6 divisions also IIRC.

the Major powers certainly collapsed on occasions - but the minors went the same way as their associated major.

Both of these sourced manpower from ex-patriot communities world wide, and equipment from the majors.

I might buy this - but Guns of August is previding me with great WW1 games atm, so it will be a hard ask for this to do better.