New Global Conflict Tournament announced

Dragon v Catacol is into 1942 and we are cranking up the turn speed a bit. Dragon, as axis, has most of Africa and all the pacific islands after a very early Pearl. Chinese are hanging on by their fingernails, India is a British rearguard and U boats control the Atlantic. On the other side of the coin the Russians have good early tech and are able to throw some counter attacks at the Nazi horde and the Royal Navy managed to save the majority of its mediterranean and pacific assets.

A long way to go - time in the real world is going to be the big problem. We are taking approx 1 or 2 turns each per day, but that isnt going to be enough. :-(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in time all players reported their games to me. First of all I wanna congratulate the final 4 SC Players. And again thanks to all for making this organization so easy. There were some very close matches but really all played fair. Schedules are never be a problem.

OK, now we concentrate to next duties into the Big Final! The matches has to be finished on Friday, September the 30th. I additional month more because of summer time. Matches and Rules are:

1) Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict patch v1.04 is recommended, please update!

2) “World at war” is the Default Campaign to play. Only 1 single PBEM game is required for Quarter and Semi Final. Other campaigns, TCP/IP and mirror games are possible. Check all sets or options soon.

3) Every game has to be finished in 120 days. Quarter Final leads from 2011-06-01 till 2011-09-30

4) “Minor victory conditions” If any game isn’t finished in 120 days the games minor victory conditions decides the match

Axis minor victory conditions are (after 120 days in tournament)

Berlin, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, Seoul, Manila

Allies minor victory conditions (after 120 days in tournament)

Paris, London, Moscow, Washington, Chungking, Delhi, Manila, Canberra

Other conditions are tied games! If games ends as a draw arbitrator will choose player for the BIG FINAL. Maybe turn files has to be checked.

5) “Changing side rule” is still active. Dragon should play Axis, Minty Allies, Fritz should play Axis, Winti Allies. Other agreement with opponent is possible. REMARK: The BIG FINAL will be played as a Mirror Game!

6) Semi Final will be played as follows:

Minty vs. Dragon

Winti vs. Fritz

Again I wanna campaign for an AAR of your games because only a well known tourny is interesting for everyone. "Be good and talk about it". I will contact the players after a while to get some information for the crowd.

Which countries are belligerent?

Which major cities are conquered?

Did important battles take place?

Any questions? Give it to me and may the best man win.

One question or ask to Hubert:

Maybe in one of the next titles it is possible to create After Action Reports by the game engine. The players of the tournament are a bit lazy to report but some Forum members want to take part of the matches and tactics in there. Please think it over.

Let me introduce the Semi Finalists to you:

First of all, Minty. Minty is a manager from the UK and 35 years old. He beats Victor in the Quarter very badly by an unknown tactic. Maybe we catch this information later in the tourney.

Opponent for Minty is Dragon. Dragon is from our German Fan site Panzerliga. He works as an Administrator for IBM in Frankfurt, Germany. He likes turn based strategy games and is 45 years old. He was always on top in our Panzerliga ladder system.

Second couple begins with Winti. Winti is from Hungary and works in IT area too. He is only 36 and the youngest player in the Semi. Winti started with chess and changes to computer games a bit later. Class of steel and Master of Orion 2 were favourite titles of him.

Last but not least there is the oldest ;) sorry ;) player in the Semi Final. Fritz is from California, USA and 48 years old. He loved all the Avalon Hill games as a kid. Maybe someone remember, in 1953, when a young gentleman from Baltimore named Charles S. Roberts, developed a game called "Tactics." Later in 1963 some more titles like Tactics II, Gettysburg, D-Day, Civil War, Waterloo, Bismarck and Stalingrad were published. Great games and the beginning of war games…

Who will win the Big Tournament and earn the price money?

Good luck to the Finalists. I follow all the major tournaments in Golf, Tennis, Baseball, Football, Hoops, and of course, Strategic Command. AAR logs would be interesting. I don't need novels, just the major battles, strategies, and few dates.

Minty v Dragon will be a very interesting match. I've played Minty, he's good, what about his new ultra strategy that hasn't been released? Dragon is top noche, the dude hammered me in our only match. Doesn't surprise me a bit he's top Bunta, they always have a champion (see Terif, DragonHeart, etc.) I'm giving a slight lean to the German.

I have no idea about Winti or Fritz, haven't played them. So by default, I'm going to pull for the American, nothing personal Winti.

Please put me down for $20 on Dragon to win it all.

-Legend

Hey Rambo, Yeah I've heard Dragon is top banana over at Buntaland, they are all routing for him over there so lets see. Not sure if I can afford to be as daring with mad commando stuff against him as I was against you. As as Dragon beat catacol who beat you to get here then I'm really up against. faced some good players so far but this is my first big name "seed" opponent.

my uber super ultra strategy will be saved for the final in the unlikely event I get there.

Amadeus - Bio update. I am 34, from the Lake district in the UK but live in California. I'm a physicist / laser spectroscopist who now works as a manager at a Laser company in Silicon Valley. Proud father of a beautiful 2 year old girl. dont have time to play any other wargames really, my interest in WW2 history really coming from listening to my Grandad who was in the BEF and later in the Desert rats. He served at Dunkirk, El Alamein and Monte Cassino.

I'll give some AAR updates as we go along. No mirror stuff for the semi, ain't got the time.

Hey Rambo, Yeah I've heard Dragon is top banana over at Buntaland, they are all routing for him over there so lets see. Not sure if I can afford to be as daring with mad commando stuff against him as I was against you. As as Dragon beat catacol who beat you to get here then I'm really up against. faced some good players so far but this is my first big name "seed" opponent.

my uber super ultra strategy will be saved for the final in the unlikely event I get there.

Amadeus - Bio update. I am 34, from the Lake district in the UK but live in California. I'm a physicist / laser spectroscopist who now works as a manager at a Laser company in Silicon Valley. Proud father of a beautiful 2 year old girl. dont have time to play any other wargames really, my interest in WW2 history really coming from listening to my Grandad who was in the BEF and later in the Desert rats. He served at Dunkirk, El Alamein and Monte Cassino.

I'll give some AAR updates as we go along. No mirror stuff for the semi, ain't got the time.

@Minty --- "Not so fast my friend" -Lee Corso from ESPN football. Catacol did not beat me. We played all the way to the end to a Stalemate. Our game wasn't even close to being finished at the deadline. And since I'm such a Legend, I just gave him the advancement.

Yes, time contraints & priorities limit my game play. At one time I was juggling 8-PBEM games at once.....Now I just play 2 at the most.

I consider myself a Celebrity.......I enter tournaments to draw the fans, build the purse, and advertisers. Haven't come up with any new strategies, letting the kids & new blood plant their flags, have their day in the Sun. I've been there, plenty of trophies.

The free English speaking world salutes your families service in WW-2. Just think, Bunta Panzerliga dudes, their grandpas were blasting at ours. In a few years, we'll all be in a New World Order if not already now.

The Godfather of SC,

-Legend

Hey Minty, good to have have you back on track. Yes Dragon is a hard nut, as we say in Germany. If you don't wanna play smart and fully concentrated you will loose. ;)

Hey Rambo, I would like to see you against Dragon in a big match after the tourny. But only if you let us part in some comments or real AAR

**** you know you are in trouble when the tournament organiser is smilling at your imminient defeat by the teutonic talisman of panzerliga AND is trying to organise a side tournament that is clearly based on the assumption that Dragon will win the whole thing. what happened to neutrality? Well so far we are one turn in and he hasnt won yet.....

Hey Minty, good to have have you back on track. Yes Dragon is a hard nut, as we say in Germany. If you don't wanna play smart and fully concentrated you will loose. ;)

Hey Rambo, I would like to see you against Dragon in a big match after the tourny. But only if you let us part in some comments or real AAR

@Amadeus --- With my current schedule, I'm lucky to play a couple of turns of PBEM. I'm busy making dough in the corporate world. I'm also preparing for the economic world collaspe, the USA dollar will eventually become toilet paper, so I'm getting involved in some farm side action, considering investing into beef cows, & timber. Yes, Dragon has solid game, as do a couple other guys. I'm currently tied up in a mirrored set with Hellraiser and a game with JollyGuy. I've put myself into "Celebrity Status", evolving from Rookie of the Year Battlefront 2002, to Icon 2003, Legend 2004......etc.

Rambo - how's it going against JG? you two are the only really celebrities from the early days still here much

We've played several games shortly after the release of the game...we both got that drug addict type feeling for SC-GC. We both have learned from our experience & character traits, that gaming addiction can be a killer to the real life. Sitting around thinking about tech rolls & air bases can be a life balance conflict.

We're down to just a couple PBEM on weekends, LOL :) Current game is in late 1945. I have Allies, knocking on Japan bigtime, just landed some paratroops into Hiroshima, own most of the mainland too. In Germany, we are fighting for Paris, it's been traded a couple times...he was losing in Russia, and a Northern Flank gambit I pulled, but I got real supply, he's only a couple turns of taking down the Red Monster for good.

-Legend

Any "old timers" fancy a slowburn PBEM game (?) I'll bite. Currently also fighting JG on a weekend PBEM game.

Hardly a legend (Rambo beat me once and we drew the second time) but can give experience players a run these days and figure Global is the best yet as a game.

Colin, you are I have been hanging around here for at 5 years now. I think we're at least C list celebrities if a long way from iconic legend status. Like Danny Glover to Ranbo's Mel Gibson or Clyde the Orangutan to JG's Clint eastwood.

we should play again once this tournament is over, it's been ages.