New Global Conflict Tournament announced

To all players of Strategic Command 2 Global Conflict,

After two Tournaments in playing “Weapons and Warfare” at Panzerliga we wanna start a new common “Global Conflict” Tournament beginning in December 2010. Here are the (Default) playing conditions when nothing is arranged by the players:

1) Campaign World at war, alternative Nupremal’s World or World in Flames

2) Playing time up to max. 150 turns, Player wins when victory conditions reached in time.

3) Every round has to be finished in 90 days. If not 90 days either 150 turns, side wins that have 50% more income as opponent at this time. Otherwise it is a draw. (Example: Allie 1200 mpp vs. Axis 800)

4) Group phase, afterwards KO system

5) One single ‘Play by Email’ game, Side is drawn by arbitrator if not arranged by players, mirror possible

Default rules could be discussed here till starting time 2010-12-01

Any player who wanna take part write here or at

http://www.panzerliga.de/dt/docs/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2913

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea - suggest following modifications: UPPER CASE

1) Campaign World at war, alternative Nupremal’s World or World in Flames. IF PLAYERS CANNOT AGREE DEFAULT TO GC WORLD AT WAR.

2) Playing time up to max. 150 turns, Player wins when victory conditions reached in time.

3) Every round has to be finished in 90 days. If not 90 days either 150 turns, side wins that have 50% more income as opponent at this time. Otherwise it is a draw. (Example: Allie 1200 mpp vs. Axis 800). SURELY THIS FAVOURS THE ALLIES - EVEN IF AXIS IS DOING GREAT IT IS HARD WORK EXCEEDING ALLIED MPP. BUT I DO NOT THINK YOU CAN ALLOW A DRAW IN KO PHASE - NEED A DECISIVE RESULT FROM ALL GAMES.

How about using the MPP's as 'goal' difference? Therefore, if two people end up having the same 'points' the 'goal' difference will kick in to settle the result, just like in football.

It would mean everyone having to play axis and allies though...

Gronq

Oh Jon J.

yes we spoken some times. The story is this. Some players ask me to organize the Tournament cause I did it before lets say not so bad. All players who want it at the moment are English-speaking guys. So I would happy to make it here. One small issue is that I could not upload the Tournament draw on battlefront.com. I could easily make it on Panzerliga. I see no problem to make it common on both sides. Again I am the only man from Europe but try to do my best.

Yes 30 day games is what we want! And of course AAR's

Playing guys at the moment: Fritz, Clausewitz, Javi, Realbilly, ShaunB, Jon J. Rambo

9 playing guys at the moment: Fritz, Clausewitz, Javi, Realbilly, ShaunB, Jon J. Rambo, Winti, Pacestick, Dragon

Only the victory conditions are a small issue to handle with.

New idea, maybe we could agree on the basis of the default minor victory conditions:

Axis minor victory conditions (after 90 days in tournament)

Berlin, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, Seoul, Manila

Allies minor victory conditions (after 90 days in tournament)

Paris, London, Moscow, Washington, Chungking, Delhi, Manila, Canberra

Other conditions are tied games!!?? What do you players think of it?

@Rambo: A bid sounds good to me!!

16 players would be ideal so the math would come out clean in a bracket system. JollyGuy? Xwormwood? Crispy? Minty? Will you join the tourney?

Is the tournament bracket style? Or is it like European Soccer round-robin than elimination?

Amadeus, I dont' recommend mixing "real time of 90-days" with victory conditions.

16 players would be ideal so the math would come out clean in a bracket system. JollyGuy? Xwormwood? Crispy? Minty? Will you join the tourney?

Is the tournament bracket style? Or is it like European Soccer round-robin than elimination?

Amadeus, I dont' recommend mixing "real time of 90-days" with victory conditions.

As we like! At the moment I am not in the tournament and could organize it better. I am a only a average player anyway.

What is a bracket System? I like elimination too. About "90 days", what if opponent are not ready in time. I made tournament before, you must come to an end after a fair time! So I would like to make a rule that players hurry up a bid.

9 playing guys at the moment: Fritz, Clausewitz, Javi, Realbilly, ShaunB, Jon J. Rambo, Winti, Pacestick, Dragon

Only the victory conditions are a small issue to handle with.

New idea, maybe we could agree on the basis of the default minor victory conditions:

Axis minor victory conditions (after 90 days in tournament)

Berlin, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, Seoul, Manila

Allies minor victory conditions (after 90 days in tournament)

Paris, London, Moscow, Washington, Chungking, Delhi, Manila, Canberra

Other conditions are tied games!!?? What do you players think of it?

@Rambo: A bid sounds good to me!!

Suggestion for victory conditions:

Have a mirror game and both finishing on the same turn when:

- Victory with normal victory conditions in one game (less than 150 turns and less than 90 days)

or

- Victory with minor victory conditions [see previous posts] at 150 turns or at 90 days

or

- No victory in any game on the 150th Turns or on the 90th Days

The match winner in case of both player won one game or none of them reach victory conditions, is the player having the bigger total mpp income in both games.

(mpp income total of all major countries at the last turn added together in both Axis and Allied game and compared with the opponent's total income)

This system guarantees game ends after defined number of turns/time or if one of the mirror game won. Also promoting military victory against economic victory (using the minor victory conditions), and as well allow to declare clear winner.

Gentlemen, I am only an average player and thus have no knowledge as to how the game is played amoung the elite players such as Rambo. However I request tornament structure and rules be designed to encourage as many players as possible and produce a fun time for all. Once the elite players eliminate people such as myself they can modify rules amoung themselves. I believe there are some clear facts: 1) Many players with different time zones or schedules only play one turn per day. If match is limited to 90 days which seems reasonable a full length game '39-'47 would only be half over. Thus normal victory conditions do not work. The suggestion which was made about mirror matches and total MPPs by each player if normal victory is not achieved seemed very fair and easy to administer. It also eliminates disputes if there is slow play! 2) Many players have only played a few matches amoung opponents they played in WAW. Thus some bidding system would require a knowledge of potential opponents they do not have. A selection based upon Amadeus's knowledge (if he is willing)(proven tournament administrator in Panzerliga) seems like best chance at getting fair even skill brackets with elites playing in final but average players having some chance of advancing to a second round. 3) Disputes drive people away from tournaments thus tournament default rules such as Worls at War as default game seem very desirable. If there are game design flaws such as WAW Manchester Gambit they should be identified and rejected. I have limited knowledge but trying to help.

... best chance at getting fair even skill brackets with elites playing in final but average players having some chance of advancing to a second round. ...

If we mainly interested to determine the champion and we like to keep everyone on the battlefield until the end of the tournament the best system can be the swiss: scichess.org/faq/swiss.html