New Global Conflict Tournament announced

To all players,

Most of you enjoy the games so far. We have a successful tourny! :)

Anyway finally it is a competition. 1 last week to finish first round. All players have to come to an end in one of two ways. Either they agree to a common result who will carry forward into the play offs or I want you to send me your files. In this case I make sure who may win under the conditions of the Tournament.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes great fun playing SC GC.

As to my game against Minty (Axis), Russia is about to collapse, China is history long time ago, UK holds ok (for the moment) and US is getting stronger everyday with high tech. levels it would have been interesting to see what could have happended if more time was available, will keep on playing this last week and if Minty wants/has time I will finish the game to see what could have happened. But the game is his anyway.

As to my other game I will probably send you the save so you can evaluate for yourself, unless Guderian gives up which don't think probable. In this game Leningrad has fallen, so has the Caucasus and Moscow and Stalingrad will fall the moment the good weather comes back, allowing to a deeper push into Russia. The Allies have disembarked in Italy they hold Sicily but for the moment are stuck there, and Greece, reinforces are arriving and I'm optimistic they can be pushed back to the sea, even when they have total control of the waters.

In the Atlantic the subs are sinking mps every turn and so far they are doing good.

The japs are having a very tough time in China where they're being driven back slowly but steadily, here is a matter of time before they're defeated but could be a long time.

In the Pacific the japs and US fleet haven't met yet and when they do the clash will decide who wins the Pacific war.

Regards.

There could be a draw in Group phase why not!

To answer your question, there are 8 places in the Tournament for play off phase. Group leaders automatically reaches the play offs. 1 additional player has to be found. That could be a close up “second best” player of any group. You should play on till the end but play offs starting soon with 8 "chosen" players. I have to think it over, check files!! and think a second time. Maybe I have to dice.

At the moment I do not know all results. We have to wait one more week.

Group F: Minty beats Rafael and reaches the play offs.

First couple in the play offs is ready:

Victor vs. Minty

Important note for all players in the play offs: Victor has to take Axis (If Minty wants him to) cause he only played one game as Allies in Group G. Minty, Dragon, Winti and Fritz as quickest players in Group phase gets the first option to choose side. BUT if they take Allies in a single match they must take Axis when reaching Semifinal.

3 places are still free, could be Rambo, Catacol (Group A), Sandy, Epic (Group E). One of these 4 players can not play, sorry.

To all Players of the Tournament

we just finish the Group Phase. Some games are not completely finished but we have the 8 players for the Play Offs. You could start whenever you want.

Rules for the Play Offs:

1) Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict patch v1.04 is recommended, please update!

2) “World at war” is the Default Campaign to play. Only 1 single PBEM game is required for Quarter and Semi Final. Other campaigns, TCP/IP and mirror games are possible. Check all sets or options soon.

3) Every game has to be finished in 90 days. Quarter Final leads from 2011-03-01 till 2011-05-31

4) “Minor victory conditions” If any game isn’t finished in 90 days the games minor victory conditions decides the match

Axis minor victory conditions are (after 90 days in tournament)

Berlin, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, Seoul, Manila

Allies minor victory conditions (after 90 days in tournament)

Paris, London, Moscow, Washington, Chungking, Delhi, Manila, Canberra

Other conditions are tied games! REMARK: Because of “Fair play” in this case it is needed to play at least 120 turns in these 90 days. If games ends as a draw arbitrator will choose player for next round. Maybe turn files has to be checked.

5) “Changing side rule” is still active. Minty, Dragon, Winti and Fritz may choose first for Quarter Final. After playing one side next match should be played with other side. Other agreement with opponent is possible. REMARK: The BIG FINAL will be played as a Mirror Game!

6) Quarter Final will be played as follows:

Victor vs. Minty

Catacol Highlander vs. Dragon

Epic vs. Winti

Sandy vs. Fritz

Note: For the first 5 players I take the quicker players in Group Phase and I take alphabetical order for the last 3 players (Catacol, Epic, Sandy).

Good luck and have fun

Amadeus

In the battle between myself & Catacol, I had Axis. Went for a SeaLion....took England, but at a very high cost (if I remember right, had 8 games going at once all the details a little blurry). This hurt me in Russia, but what really hurt was the triple team effort of the remaining Brits, all the Yanks, and Russians against Nazi Germany. We also played "Soft Build" limits which is a little different. I had put the game in the mode by accident, we figured it out early the game, and both decided to continue on. It actually helped Russia, because they got good Tank Tech, he obviously made good use of them. The Yanks brought all their Carrier power to Europe, pick some holes into Spain for ports, and think Greece later in the game. The Russians provided some firepower & body bags in order for the Yanks to land & stay landed, which is the usual case. The Germans lost both Munich & Berlin in Summer 1945.

Meanwhile, the Japs built a nasty fleet....took all the usual suspects: China, Hong Kong, parts of Russia, Phillipines, DutchEast, Burma.....then India.....and in any moment, Austrialia will fall. Also, the Japs destroyed those at Pearl Harbor. The Japs are in Summer 1945, and just took the port of Iraq. The Russians are starting to slug towards the entrance of Western China. My fleet is monsterous of Carriers, think I have 10 of them? Probably shouldn't have said that, but with not much time in the game, who cares.

There's really no way the Allies can take any of the victory cities, MMPs have nothing to do with it. Time & distance prevent them from doing squat. In the time left in the game, he could get India back, considering American Airforce & Russian ground forces have somewhat access & good supply there. But the remaining cities necessary for Allied Minor will be impossible. The movement points alone prevent him from getting them.

The game will be a draw, we are on Turn # 155, makes for like 18 turns a piece left.

Since I'm a Legend, have plenty of opponents at my disposal, and am just finishing off a clip of 8 games running at once, Catacol is getting the Group A spot. We both defeacted the other guy in our group, mostly from an experience standpoint & the dude didn't have the time to finish.

-Legend

P.S. Catacol & myself are going to finish the game regardless, he wants to just see if his 18 turns is enough to snake the 3 cities he needs against a never touched Jap military. I will update my personal stats in my signature then. Also note, I did lose a game to Pacestick when I went Submarine nuts, built nothing but subs against Pacestick with both my Nazies & Japs. That was a fun try, but his Yankee +3 Destoryers did me in, along with my weak ground units, but I love trying different strategies, especially when I've been rolling with the standard.

Hey Rambo,

I am a little sad not to keep you in the play offs. But believe me we made an extra competition between you and a very tough German player when Tournament goes to the end. I only want a good After Action Report for our Forum. I am sure you have some good gambits to teach. Love your smart and unconventional playing. We need this behaviour.

Btw. I wanna thank you for your manner in the tournament.

Regards Amadeus

Rock me Amadeus,

Legends are just that, Legends. With two games going to "draws", and only 3 spots for those 4, I have no problem promoting tournaments! I'm like Marlon Brando, The Godfather, Elvis Presley the Entertainer, & Rambo the Independent fighter rolled into one. I keep my faith, values, & honor above all earthly matters. I'm like the PGA Tour director, the love of the game needs guided to new faces....my closet is full of Green Jackets, Daytona 500 trophies, Wimbledon Championships.

When you're the biggest name in SC history, its like time has no meaning. My destiny is already been told, Hall of Fame declared, & my heavenly Mansion is being built.

Legend yesterday, today, & forever.

Thanks for running this tourney, my Camp salutes you with full military colors.

-JJR

Short Report of the Quarter Epic/Winti:

“One year has passed and Epic has advanced deep into northern China, but the Chinese cleverly stop the outflanking movement. In Europe an early conquest of Norway and France is down to good weather, and the battle now focuses on control of North Africa.”

• 1 month later...

First Quarter final result in. Victor (allies) and Minty (Axis) played an intense and fast paced game but it was all too much for the forces of democracy as the fascist steamroller gathered too much ground too early. Allies surrender in Oct 41. Onto the Semis......

First Quarter final result in. Victor (allies) and Minty (Axis) played an intense and fast paced game but it was all too much for the forces of democracy as the fascist steamroller gathered too much ground too early. Allies surrender in Oct 41. Onto the Semis......

October 1941, is this a misprint? USA isn't even in the game yet? Grow a pair.

-Legend

Congratulation Minty! October 1941 is really fast as Axis.

Sounds more like a tennis "rollover" or "withdraw". Need more detail. Wait, I don't need detail. There's no way the Allies have lost in October 1941. Patton is still shoveling shat in Georgia.

Truth is Love,

-Legend

Victor played well but I tried a new strategy I haven't used before and it turned into a spectacular success. Axis really were in an unstoppable position by summer 41. I wont got into details right now as I may want to try something similar again in the tournament. once I am knocked out/Win then I will give AAR on the more dramatic parts.

No need to insult Victor, I honestly don't believe Allies position was winnable from there.

Victor played well but I tried a new strategy I haven't used before and it turned into a spectacular success. Axis really were in an unstoppable position by summer 41. I wont got into details right now as I may want to try something similar again in the tournament. once I am knocked out/Win then I will give AAR on the more dramatic parts.

No need to insult Victor, I honestly don't believe Allies position was winnable from there.

Congrats, you took Washington D.C.

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats, you took Washington D.C.

Not quite.

I'm curious if Minty can reenact his success, so I'm not revealing anything. My situation was really totally hopeless. However, as always in the SC series, I believe there is a counter, provided the allies react early enough. Good luck to Minty if he tries to pull off this strategy once more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, here is what I know so far

Victor vs Minty > finished, Minty wins

Dragon vs. Catacol > no information

Winti vs. Epic > hot and close game but finishing till end of may :)

Fritz vs. Sandy > advantage/victory for Fritz but I have to verify

Dragon? Catacol? What's up? Please give a small report.