New Walkthroughs for Nato Module

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on Mission 7 now - jeez!

Is this the Foy of the German campaign? I feel like i'm going to lose half of my company by the time its over. I think RPG-29 rounds from Syrian special forces has accounted for 75% of my casualties during the campaign.

This actually happened today:

1. See RPG-29 team in a building after it shot at one of my leops

2. Suppressed building/no response

3. Leveled building with PZH 2000 to rubble.

4. Continued to suppress rubble

5. RPG team somehow survives and squeezes off a round at my section in a building 250 meters away, killing 3 guys and wounding 3 others.

Arghhh!

Working on Mission 7 now - jeez!

Is this the Foy of the German campaign? I feel like i'm going to lose half of my company by the time its over. I think RPG-29 rounds from Syrian special forces has accounted for 75% of my casualties during the campaign.

This actually happened today:

1. See RPG-29 team in a building after it shot at one of my leops

2. Suppressed building/no response

3. Leveled building with PZH 2000 to rubble.

4. Continued to suppress rubble

5. RPG team somehow survives and squeezes off a round at my section in a building 250 meters away, killing 3 guys and wounding 3 others.

Arghhh!

***SPOILER***

I scripted the AI to retreat and reposition at regular intervals. He probably jetted before the arty leveled the building.

ETA: I think I misunderstood your post, and now believe you said that the RPG team was in the same spot.

Great walkthroughs as always. It's interesting to whatch them after I play the mission and see how you did it differently.

I've noticed the AI are noticeably tougher, more shifting positions and not opening fire till I'm pretty close. Although sometimes the scripted large scale falling back just gives away all their positions to my overwatch and I hit em with bombs and arty. Triggers would certainly be nice.

Combined with tougher ROE, it's certainly a challenge.

The MG3s are a great way to soften up a town and get the enemy (tac AI) to fall back. If you can get set up on the flank of a town, you can use the MG3s to try to flush out some of the bad guys without leveling the buildings. Hose down each position for a bit a see if anyone panics and runs out the back when you cease fire. Then when they fall back you can hopefully hit em from the flanking positions.

I've actually been opening the hatches a lot on my Leo 2's and using the 2xMG3 per tank as a more architecturally considerate means of laying waste to everything (8x MG3s is quite a bit of suppression). Evidently redecorating every building with 500 bullet holes doesn't count as damage. Nothing that can't be fixed with a few gallons of plaster.....

I was speaking to how badass the Syrian special forces seem to be in Nato, it seems very difficult to suppress them and their combat discipline is absurd. Even when I perform textbook cordon and assaults of buildings, they always seem to squeeze off some accurate fire and kill or incap. one of my troopers. And the RPG-29s are a nightmare.

I was speaking to how badass the Syrian special forces seem to be in Nato, it seems very difficult to suppress them and their combat discipline is absurd. Even when I perform textbook cordon and assaults of buildings, they always seem to squeeze off some accurate fire and kill or incap. one of my troopers. And the RPG-29s are a nightmare.

*** spoiler again ***

In this particular scenario, the SF are Fanatic. They will fight to the last.

These are great, and you seem to be going at the same pace as I am. It's fun to see how someone else did it- and yes, the factory is tough. My favorite scenario of CMSF, I think (along with the "Breaking the Bank" one).

What sound mod are you using? It sounds more visceral than the stock sounds.

I am now guilty of a "What...mod is that?", it only took me 10 years.

Mission 7 part 1:

Thanks for the video. It was pretty awesome watching someone play a map in detail that I had worked so much on.

You made a comment on why the compound was so important to attack. It is directly adjacent to a major highway leading east out of Aleppo. It would be impossible to isolate the city without clearing it. Of course, a squadron of B-52s would suffice, but that wouldn't be any fun. ;)

Very difficult scenario. This demonstrates how many hazards exist in assaulting an urban area. I'm not even a baby tactician, so feel free to disagree. I wonder if rather than a central attack, exposing units to fire from both flanks, if you'd cleared one or other flank then advanced to enter the built up areas in strength from one direction, you would have had the Marders in closer support of your dismounts.

I guess I need to try it myself!!

Keep up the good work!

Very difficult scenario. This demonstrates how many hazards exist in assaulting an urban area. I'm not even a baby tactician, so feel free to disagree. I wonder if rather than a central attack, exposing units to fire from both flanks, if you'd cleared one or other flank then advanced to enter the built up areas in strength from one direction, you would have had the Marders in closer support of your dismounts.

I guess I need to try it myself!!

Keep up the good work!

It's not possible to have the marders close for support, because around every corner is a tank or BMP. Also there's the matter of moving them across the open, where ATGMs are in ambush. It's basically a repeat of The Factory, except with tanks in the urban centers, and no pioneers to blow through/avoid obvious kill zones.

Yes, your videos are fascinating and I wish it were easier to have discussions on why you did certain things, your thinking process etc, and (with input from experienced players/BFC testers) if you had a replay what you would have done differently.

One idea: Can you provide a list of all your links one one page when you're done. I think other clubs might find them fascinating.