New Walkthroughs for Nato Module

I enjoy watching your videos.

Strange though.....what skill level are you playing? In several videos when you click on the enemy you can see their supression level (46:47 in Reservoir Ridge) and that means basic training. But other clues suggest vet level. But if it was vet skill you shouldnt see supression levels.

Fun to watch though.

UPDATE: I see at the end of your videos that you play vet skill level. The book says that you shouldnt see enemy supression levels. Strange.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, your videos are fascinating and I wish it were easier to have discussions on why you did certain things, your thinking process etc, and (with input from experienced players/BFC testers) if you had a replay what you would have done differently.

One idea: Can you provide a list of all your links one one page when you're done. I think other clubs might find them fascinating.

Yes - will be done as per my CMSF videos.

Just to say i'm really enjoying these ones, i've skipped ahead to the later ones as ive only played 2 missions in the german campaign so far so want to have forgot the details by the time i've got round to playing them

I must say though your playing style does make me cringe sometimes as I'm a wego player and you set off an assault then move accross the map to look at something else! I always find myself nearly shouting "what if they get massacred!?!?" but it seems to work for you and is entertaining : )

I listen carefully. If I hear gunfire or an explosion I pause and check it out. Also pays off to maneuver by overwatch.

I'd also like to note that the recording experience actually influences my play style quite a bit:

1. Speed is important because I have limited hard-drive space, and longer videos take longer to encode, and longer to upload

2. I don't want to bore the viewer, so sometimes I have a higher tempo than the safest route

1. Speed is important because I have limited hard-drive space, and longer videos take longer to encode, and longer to upload

Well in the second mission we came out with about the same WIA/KIA stats, so you obviously play really well even when you're entire focus isn't on the mission itself, although I suppose having to explain your actions might make you think about them a bit more.

I'm curious, do you record the commentary as you play or after?

I've thought about doing these myself but the editing work for WEGO would be horrendous : )

Also I'm surprised how little you use the target light order, you never seem to run out of HE though which i almost always do even with target light commands

Although I will say I learn't to use the target light command with the british, you're forced to learn how to suppress with MGs and not HE with those forces : )

Well in the second mission we came out with about the same WIA/KIA stats, so you obviously play really well even when you're entire focus isn't on the mission itself, although I suppose having to explain your actions might make you think about them a bit more.

I'm curious, do you record the commentary as you play or after?

I've thought about doing these myself but the editing work for WEGO would be horrendous : )

I'll answer your question, and also provide a full breakdown of the process for those that are interested:

1. Fraps at 1680 x 1050 with stereo sound until HD 1 is full

2. If HD1 is nearing full, switch to HD 2

3. Complete recording.

4. Import video segments into Adobe Premier

5. "preview" mode in adobe premier while recording commentary using Audacity

6. Noise removal/normalization using Audacity

7. Encode video in Premier at HD 30 1080p

8. Upload to YouTube using advanced java uploader

re: target light

I do use it primarily when I don't want the infantry to expend their AT or the vehicle has a low store of canon rounds. Yes target light is much more useful with the British, those stingy bastards. The scimitars only have something like 100 HE rounds or summat.

I noticed the player seems to hardly ever use covered arcs, or use HUNT (just QUICK from the looks of it).

Is that a RT play thing?

(In WEGO I use covered arcs ALL the time and spend time changing them almost every turn depending on where I want my guys to be looking. And whenever I am close to the enemy I use HUNT and HIDE nearly all the time.)

These movies finally convinced me I had to buy and start playing this game. Well done. Excellent propaganda...;-)

If I had a free Battlefront title for everytime I heard that, i'd be supplied well into 2100

re: Erwin

I use covered arcs constantly, especially with vehicles and overwatch groups.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just glad you switched to Vet skill from Basic Training as in your Thunder campaign. That is why they seem harder maybe? Anyway....I enjoy your videos.

Its actually a tribute to some of the scenario designers in your Thunder campaign as you comment several times that you think the AI is reacting to your moves. Neat huh?

I just played Bruche nacht Wahalla and got a minor defeat, which lead to a major victory in the campaign. Im curious as to if this was actually the last mission. Would I have seen another if I won this mission?

The flowchart is useless, it doesn't even include the mission. It could be "Valhalla" but it shows that you fail the campaign if you lose that mission, soooo?

Was anyone able to win this mission easily? I think it would be pretty difficult to avoid the casualties associated with this mission.

Valhalla is indeed the last mission of the German campaign. There's nothing beyond it. Are you going to return to the decision point and follow the Allepo branch? There are some very fine missions awaiting you there.

Was anyone able to win this mission easily?

Oh dear God, I hope not :D During playtesting, one tester was able to break this mission spectacularly. I made a small change to the reinforcement schedule which I hoped would fix it.

I just played Bruche nacht Wahalla and got a minor defeat, which lead to a major victory in the campaign

I suppose the threshold is major defeat? I can´t remember how PT did it.

The flowchart is useless, it doesn't even include the mission.

What flowchart are you looking at? It sure does include Valhalla.

german-campaign-flow-chart.jpg