Why must I log in several times to post?

meade95

Why is it every time I go to post on the forums here...When I log in... I give my Username and password....I then get the routine message "thank you for logging in MEADE95..blah, blah wait here or click here"...

Yet them immediately I'm sent right back to the starting log in screen? This happens 3 or 4 times and then I come here to the forums click refresh several times...and whallla I can finally post....

Also, why do we need 2 seperate usernames for here and the Respository??

Lastly, just went to purchase NATO and no matter what combination (I only have ever had the 2 required usernames and I keep the same password for both)...neither allow me to place my order....If I go to set up a new account...I'm told my email address (which yes, is one of my usernames) is currently already used...

Frustrating nonethe less......

back to ARMA/OA

Refresh your browser after logging in the first time. That works for me.

That seems to work about every other time for me.....Otherwise I have to go through the sign-in again process and try the refresh deal...

This is the only site I ever have this issue with. Not really worth complaining.....Mods should probably just delete this thread.

That seems to work about every other time for me.....Otherwise I have to go through the sign-in again process and try the refresh deal...

This is the only site I ever have this issue with. Not really worth complaining.....Mods should probably just delete this thread.

I forgot to mention that it only happens when I am on my university public network... maybe it is a security setting or something?

I use Firefox also, but have the same problems. The only way I can stay logged in and not show as logged out if I go to another page or not be prompted to login when I try to post is if I login on the forum home page before I click to any subforums. Things get wacky if I login on any other page or login when I post.

Nonetheless, even if I succeed that way, after a certain amount of time I get logged out and can't log back in. I've checked cookies and everything. This is a problem solely with the Battlefront forum. Very annoying.

Yes, it is inherently to the BFC forum. I am on dozens of forums a day. This is the only forum the same exact issue happens with day in and day out. Has been this way for months and months now....maybe even a year. Was not always this way. The issue popped up after the big crash that happened awhile back on here and the forums were upgraded. But it most certainly is specific to BFC fourm.

Ok I have this problem only when visiting the BF main menu. For me, it's the logon for the repository/purchase account and not my forum account. But I just have to click "m" and the saved logon info pops up and I just click on it and it auto fills my logon/password. So it literally slows me down to just a single key press and mouse click.

But when coming to the forums I'm always logged in. I don't go to the main menu at all. I use a direct link to the forums to skip the main menu: http://www.battlefront.com/community/index.php Then if I ever need to get back to the main menu I just use the link at the bottom of all forum pages.

Hope this helps! ;)

Yes, it is inherently to the BFC forum. I am on dozens of forums a day. This is the only forum the same exact issue happens with day in and day out. Has been this way for months and months now....maybe even a year. Was not always this way. The issue popped up after the big crash that happened awhile back on here and the forums were upgraded. But it most certainly is specific to BFC fourm.

But it doesn't happen to me. It may happen to you (and others) only here, but that doesn't make it inherent to this forum.

The interesting thing is thus: Why you and not me?

What link are you using to get here? I'm getting here via:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/index.php

Using Chrome and following the link on the mainpage:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/

Which is theoretically the same as the one you use: http://www.battlefront.com/community/index.php

Just tried it with typing in the full link including the index.php in FireFox and still the same problem. Also checked IE and same problem.

Cookie protection on auto/normal in all my browsers.

UPDATE: The problem doesn't happen when I login on the CMSF Forum index. However when I log in in any thread, it does happen. Elmar, do you always directly login to the forum, before reading/posting to any thread?

Perhaps the problem is with the redirection after logging in from a thread.

No problems here either. I am not aware of any bugs in the vBulletin code either.

One thing to try: delete all cookies and clear your browser cache and temporary internet files etc.

As for Chrome, it's beta as far as I know, and all sorts of weird things happen with it.

Strange indeed...

Just deleted all cookies etc from FireFox (newest version, windows 7 x64).

Went to battlefront.com, clicked community, went to this thread and logged in using the top right corner loginbox. After login I was redirected back to this thread, but not logged in. After pressing F5 I was though.

The problem is exactly the same in FireFox, IE & Chrome. The problem didn't show up when I logged in from the CMSF Forum Index.

However this time in FireFox I checked 'remember' details and now FF logs me in on the forum automatically. So that should solve everyone´s problem.

P.S. About everything from google is forever beta, but their search engine and Chrome browser work quite well ;)

Never have troubles with it TBH, and it is faster than FF. Have all browsers installed due to work, but Chrome is the one I stick with (or the spyware stripped version 'Iron' for home use).

Lethaface,

After pressing F5 I was though.

This happens when your browser is caching instead of actually re-loading the page from the internet.

However this time in FireFox I checked 'remember' details and now FF logs me in on the forum automatically. So that should solve everyone´s problem.

Heh, yes. If you don't then your session info is deleted when you leave the page. Now, it isn't deleted while the session is still active. However, if you have caching issues on your PC (as indicated by having to press F5 to reload the page), then your session may in fact be closed by the server.

Martin

No problems here either. I am not aware of any bugs in the vBulletin code either.

One thing to try: delete all cookies and clear your browser cache and temporary internet files etc.

I've tried that before and it doesn't help. Also interesting to note I have the same problem on my wife's macbook. Using Firefox on both my PC and her laptop.

Tried the various possibilities of getting to this forum (each in a new browser session) and I always arrive logged in and remain so. Weird that others are not.

Trying logging out - For security reasons I clear my cache once a day - Once I'm logged in for the day I'm fine.....it is the next day when one goes to "re-log in" for the first time that the problem starts. Then once you are re-logged in....it is fine for the rest of that day.

meade95, if you clear your cache manually, then it is normal that you need to log in again. That's intended behavior.

After logging in, hit F5 (or whatever the "reload" key is in your browser) if you do not appear to be logged in. This will force loading the page from our server instead of loading it from your cache, and should be all that is needed in order to sync your login status.

meade95, if you clear your cache manually, then it is normal that you need to log in again. That's intended behavior.

After logging in, hit F5 (or whatever the "reload" key is in your browser) if you do not appear to be logged in. This will force loading the page from our server instead of loading it from your cache, and should be all that is needed in order to sync your login status.

Yes. I understand that, regarding once you clear your cache.......You are required to log in again... The problem starts from there. Once you are logged in (you really aren't) once you go to post in the forum. You have to re-log in again several times or hit the refresh until it is recognized.

I will go with the F5 option from now on.

This used to happen to me all the time. In fact, I sent Moon a question about it like maybe a year (or more) ago and after a lengthy exchange of e-mails complete with numerous screen shots of what I was doing it basically remained unresolved. The only way I could get it to work was I never click the 'log out' button when I leave the forums (I just close the window) and I checked the 'remember me' box after I logged in all those months ago. I've never had the problem again. Now when I link directly to the forum I'm already logged in and I can post with no problems (and remain logged in no matter how many times I post something).