Spies in Normandy game: A prediction

Sequoia

As we wait for the NATO release I thought I'd make a prediction that there will be NO spies in the Normandy game. Why? No cell phones or other communication devices for them, and their use in a WWII game would therefore be too, well -gamey- the same reason CM never had motorcycles. If you want to simulate the use of the local population providing info to the Allies, then the scenario maker can simply have units spotted as the game begins. End of prediction.

The closest we may get to civilian dressed units (based on absolutely no inside knowedge on my part) might be Free French "insurgents" included in the commonwealth module? I hope so anyway. Include some behind-the-lines raids on convoys and the like. The fly in the ointment might be Steve's well known dislike for making up TO&E.

But are there any spies on the Beta Test Team willing to share more bones than Steve drops???

Willing, yes. Able, no. ;)

It's part of becoming a beta tester: you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement that basically states that you won't say anything about a non-released product in public without BFC's consent. So when beta testers DO drop bones, we (usually :D) go through Steve first to ask whether or not we can.

Willing, yes. Able, no. ;)

It's part of becoming a beta tester: you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement that basically states that you won't say anything about a non-released product in public without BFC's consent. So when beta testers DO drop bones, we (usually :D) go through Steve first to ask whether or not we can.

Sshhh http://wikileaks.org/ ;)