Any Syrians on this forum ?

scottie

Topic im sure has been raised before, just wondering what Syrian nationals thought of being at the centre of a mock conflict ?

I mean, if it was Scotland V USA , i think i would find that very interesting especailly if maps were authentic (the Battle of Stirling Bridge 2010 for example ) ... plus im sure us Scots would win :) ......

Why would the USA want anything to do with Stirling? Hopefully what ever they did do would involve fire and lots of it. :P

Oh I don't know. One of the main critisims of CMSF is that it is too one sided and dominated by the blue forces. So I'd be all in favour of a Stirling map. How about a company of marines versus a team of neds fae the Raploch? Certainly redress the onesidedness! :D

I seem to recall a long long time ago Steve mentioning that to date there was no paper trail of CMSF being sold to anyone in Syria. But that was years ago and between paypal, digital download, and Syrian students visiting other parts of the world it would be pretty much impossible to track. No 100 copies mailed to the Syrian Republican Guard HQ, anyway! :)

FWIW, I think it's worth noting that the conflict in CMSF is not between Western forces and the present Syrian regime but between Western forces and a hypothetical Fundamentalist regime that has come to power in Syria. So the game isn't (technically) a knock at Syria as it stands today.

FWIW, I think it's worth noting that the conflict in CMSF is not between Western forces and the present Syrian regime but between Western forces and a hypothetical Fundamentalist regime that has come to power in Syria. So the game isn't (technically) a knock at Syria as it stands today.

Yip, this is a good point in between all the hilarious points made above :), CMSF is obviously not political in anyway, im guessing they had to pick somewhere. I much prefer a real world map and country to a made up one. Question though , WW2 always uses real conflicts so why doesn't CMSF simulate the Gulf Wars for example ?

Traditionally we have almost no customers in the Middle East or Africa. And considering the population sizes of China and India, we have just about none there either. This isn't just CM:SF I'm talking about, it's for Battlefront as a whole.

A basic breakdown is US customer base is the largest by far. Europe (mostly UK, Germany, and France) is next with a chunk that is about as big as the rest of the customer base combined. Of that part, Canada is the biggest, with Australian, and NZ being smaller yet statistically significant. Every other country out there represents a tiny fraction of our total sales base.

I'd have to check, but the #2 country we sell to (after the US) is either Canada or the UK. For a while they traded spots depending on when the data was sifted. We haven't sifted the data in a long time so I don't know if things have changed, but I suspect they haven't.

Steve

Interesting moment, I think I understand, why no Syrians at this forum, but why we see so little number of Israels, I don't understand. Kick ass to Syrians, I think it close to Israelis, but looks like it's not that...

Wargames just aren't big in Israel, unfortunately...

Traditionally we have almost no customers in the Middle East or Africa.

Considering the tales I've heard of the dismal level of infantry training in much of the Iraqi army it sound like they could use a good cheap company-size tactical simulator to practice on. Hand it out to junior officers. Its a bit frightening to think I, after simply playing CM products, may have a firmer grasp of combat tactics than an Iraqi colonel. :D

Well, when war is on your doorstep wargaming might not seem that much fun I guess.

Hey, I like it :)

Say, was battlefront ever asked to mod the game for military use?

It won't be the first time a simulator is used for training and if I want a simulator for the company level I can't think of any better options...

Hey, I like it :)

Say, was battlefront ever asked to mod the game for military use?

It won't be the first time a simulator is used for training and if I want a simulator for the company level I can't think of any better options...

Discussed Here

starting on the bottom of page 3

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=93365

Traditionally we have almost no customers in the Middle East or Africa. And considering the population sizes of China and India, we have just about none there either. This isn't just CM:SF I'm talking about, it's for Battlefront as a whole.

A basic breakdown is US customer base is the largest by far. Europe (mostly UK, Germany, and France) is next with a chunk that is about as big as the rest of the customer base combined. Of that part, Canada is the biggest, with Australian, and NZ being smaller yet statistically significant. Every other country out there represents a tiny fraction of our total sales base.

I'd have to check, but the #2 country we sell to (after the US) is either Canada or the UK. For a while they traded spots depending on when the data was sifted. We haven't sifted the data in a long time so I don't know if things have changed, but I suspect they haven't.

Steve

I read some Micro Soft research a while back that went like this:

Generally speaking:

Europeans = more likely to buy pc wargame

US = pc sports

Asian= karaoke and tetris type games.

Was some time ago so demographics have changed, for example more women playing rpg stuff. That said I think there's still large cultural forces at work with types of game played,