- changes Digi-Camouflage for Mujahideen to US M81 Woodland

- adds additional jacket color variant + M81 trousers and jackets

- different combinations for Ragtag-look

- adds new face variants.

Sample pictures:

b3ax.jpg

b8ai.jpg

collag.jpg

Soon available at the Repository in the Combat Mission Afghanistan folder.

Comments welcome. Thank you.

That looks REALLY nice, man! Really nice!

BUT now I am gonna have to kill you. You just murdered a weeks worth of work! Me and Bird Strike had the EXACT....and I mean EXACT thing going on...we were/are working with M81 Woodland camo LOL...

Some of my research pictures...

90023899.jpg

67882641.jpg

That's funny we were all thinking in the same direction. The first unis to be modded and what not as well. Well, will see how much different ours comes out and then hopefully we can compliment yours...the more Muji the better, right?

Again...really good job. Congrats!

Mord.

Well, what I am thinking is I can release two versions...one regular and the other I'll rename our textures so that they coincide with yours...that way if people want to combine both, ours won't overwrite yours when in the z folder.

We've only just started...about a week ago or so...he's working on building his texture palette and re-rezing the original textures...trying to make them sharper. I am excited to see what he comes up with. After that I'll get to work on the mixing and matching and all that.

Mord.

Do I see a trouser in Strichtarn on this pic? (aka East German-"Rain Pattern"). Maybe a Polish or Czechoslovakian variant. Or South African copy?

Seems I have to make a v2.0 version of my mod. :)

Good eye...

I was trying to figure out what other patterns they might've worn between 78 to around 84. Figuring anything western from the 60s upward would be believable...but couldn't come up with any pics to verify beside M81...didn't even notice that! I figured it was brown pants.

Supposedly that pic is from the period...so that is a good find. In the other pic one of the guys is wearing some kind of Marine or Army desert cam...I don't know for sure if that pic is from Soviet Afghan war, or US Afghan war, you can't trust the labeling half the time.

Mord.

Good eye...

[...]

Supposedly that pic is from the period...so that is a good find. In the other pic one of the guys is wearing some kind of Marine or Army desert cam...I don't know for sure if that pic is from Soviet Afghan war, or US Afghan war, you can't trust the labeling half the time.

Mord.

I think both pics are post 1990. (digital camera). First is for sure not 80's. (US 3 Color Desert and M4). Can't really belief Mujahideen had that much eastern block clothing before 1989/90. Has DDR sent 'help' to Communist government of Afganistan short after 1978? Don't know. But they sent rain drop camo to SWAPO in the 1980s.

Oh guys, if only some one did a soviet infantry mod ;)

I will for sure do it, but probably only for myself. Reason is, that I usually mod the uniforms to as much diversity as possible (the same texture again and again [and again...] but with different dirt/blood effects applied). That means the file gets really big and the loading time goes up exponentially. To load a CMSF scenario with my heavily modded installation takes 5-7 minutes. That's fine with me because I'm used to it. But I don't think much people will accede with this.

Thought about to post my main Syrian infantry mod, but as I saw the file size (over 200 MB), I dropped the idea.

Mujahideen (and Taliban) kit originates from 3 sources: (a) homemade/homespun (B) captured or stolen from the Soviet(US)-backed government/army © Pakistani bazaars, most notably Peshawar. The last is significant, since mujahideen suppliers including the Pakistani ISI, CIA and Saudi-based Islamic "charities" (the forefathers of Al Qaeda), could acquire and ship in a global assortment of secondhand weapons and equipment, from US Vietnam war to Bloc (Czech, Rumanian, Yugoslav) exports, to Chinese knock-offs of all the above. A lot of this came out during the Iran-Contra hearings (Ollie North et al. used the same logistical mechanisms to funnel materiel to the Contras).

Also, Pakistan flip-flopped between West and East multiple times during the Cold War, in synch with India. And with each new military aid package, a large quantity of obsolete Pakistan Army kit made its way into the domestic bazaars. Hence the Bren guns and SMLEs.

• 4 weeks later...