Anyone tried playing Mujahideen yet?

MikeyD

Everyone's so enthused about playing Soviets, has anyone tried picking up an Enfield rifle and playing Afghan villager yet? There's a couple scenarios in there where you aren't overwhelmed by Red armor. Actually, a good deal of the Red armor in-game can be pretty effectively countered by a well placed DShK HMG. One cool thing I noticed playing. Village fighting, Mujis in one building, Soviets in another across the street, both firing away at achother. The Reds are likely to take casualties faster because the big-bullet Enfield is better a penetrating walls than the AK-74! Its like being in a firefight betwen a U.S. M4 carbine and an old M1 Garand. :D

I'm partial, but "The Ottoman Citadel" is a small Blue defend battle where you get to see the Russian AI assault up hill. "Spring Torrents" is a Blue defend (or is it a ME?)scenario where you get to battle Soviet airborne units across a mountaintop. Both scenarios Mujis have a good chance of winning, good chance of losing. :)

I'm partial, but "The Ottoman Citadel" is a small Blue defend battle where you get to see the Russian AI assault up hill. "Spring Torrents" is a Blue defend (or is it a ME?)scenario where you get to battle Soviet airborne units across a mountaintop. Both scenarios Mujis have a good chance of winning, good chance of losing. :)

I am playing Ottoman Citadel via PBEM with Mord so no spoilers. I am Muj and am prepared to kick his butt. I hadn't played it before.

Played both demo scenarios and Ottoman Citadel as Muj, victorious but with heavy casualties. I deploy them fairly aggressively since they're itching to go to paradise anyway. As is to be expected, armor and fire support are hard to counter effectively but throwing more men into the fire usually does the trick.

The basic tactic of having two detachments, one in the front ready to ambush, fire off a few rockets and bursts and then fall back while the other section behind them quickly pops in to give covering fire works most of the time. Prolonged firefights at long range is just a recipe for disaster.

I play real-time with abundant pausing. :cool:

SEMI-SPOILER: Ottoman Citadel taught me a harsh lesson about eggs and baskets. :(

i ive just done "trouble in herat " vet diff -as Muj defence, big urban map, it was my first real taste of the game, i must say it was unreal..

Gritty urban guerilla combat on my behalf, i slaughtered red inf in the streets.. >:D

Laying ambush's on 4th floor of a building with RPG's, Snipers on the 5th, then retreat downstairs & outside with mg cover, sprinting through the back alleys, then melting back in to the streets is quality gaming goodness at its BEST.