[UFC #2] Xwormwood (Allies) vs Rambo (Axis)

May 1942

[Pacific] Pearl Harbor is one big beach party. 2-Subs + BB-Kongo sink Austrialian-Cruiser. Bad news for Jap-transport, we try to land on an island before scouting due to laziness, there's French Bomber calling it home. Midway has USAAF-Fighter, he got pinged with surface ships (no Carriers, can't discuss them here). Kill Corp on Phillipines, he's pinging me with Allied ships.

[Russia] Rain...thrilling

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad weather. World wide. Unbelievable.

jun1942.jpg?t=1284494311

Pacific

The amphib survived to attacks of a DD and CA. Bombers can't launch their strike. Rain.

jun422.jpg?t=1284494275

My navals fleets try to hinder the japanese advance in the philippines with shore bombardments, as jjrs fleet is still in large parts around midway.

Europe

A corps north of Smolensk got killed by a sudden russian tank attack.

Have i mentioned the rain?

I bet next turn i will be sitting duck in the sun.

By the way, there is one thing i want to tell here, as it is one of the biggest and most important issues when you play a multiplayer game:

What i like most when playing against members like jjr is that you don't have to trouble your mind about a cheating opponent.

If you make a mistake, you made a mistake. If you do a stupid move, you have made a stupid move. But you don't, no, you won't ever reload the save file your opponent has sent you.

Your army get surely lost because of it the next turn? Well, tough noogies.

But you don't reload the safe file. Period.

When you play a decent character who is willing to let his unit rather die than to start cheating, than you have a game which is worth playing, than you have everything you can wish for.

JJR plays this way (if someone makes a mistake and writes about it is the best proof you can want), and so do i.

Personally , I don't dare to start a game against a complete neewby, because i don't know him. I don't want to learn after 20 h gameplay that my opponent never makes mistakes, never runs into surprise contacts, always get good tech research results. I need a trustworthy opponent.I don't want to say that new forum members cheat, no. But still, you need to make a leap of faith to play against them.

Best woud be if the save file-sending and save file-download would be a complete ingame function. At least in the way of cheat-prevention.

I am guessing new would be someone who made an account yesterday and comes on looking for a UFC matchup, and no one knows who he/she is. Most of us could truly use more human competition. This is where JJR accelerates over most anyone in this forum. Except for some buntas, he has quite a few public matches, going all the way back to SC1, methinks.

Best woud be if the save file-sending and save file-download would be a complete ingame function. At least in the way of cheat-prevention.

Could this feature be in corporated in to the game?

nice to read the senior members diary and get an insight to their tactics, thanks

Europe

Weather has cleared.

Last turn german attacks killed one of my precisous russian tank units.

This turn we killed another special forces units, all near smolensk.

The city was undefended so i re-entered the city.

jjr has 4 tac airs and 2 fighter south-west of smolensk, and at least to strat bombers near odessa.

North of Leninggrad i left my fortified defense lines to help with the hunt for the finnish HQ.

This will become a tough year for russia.

In the Skagerak the patroling russian DD got killed by 2 air strikes of the german CV, stationed in the baltic.

junw425.jpg?t=1284571799

Pacific

I fired upon the philippine harbor of manila to reduce jjrs convoy revenues.

june427.jpg?t=1284571874

Near the marianas we spotted a japanese BB and attacked with 2 nearby subs.

june426.jpg?t=1284571735

The amphib near the gilbert island was attacked by the bomber and several minor allied naval units, just like the japanese sub, which tried to defend the japanese special forces aboard the ship.

I expect japanese naval counter attacks in the very near future.

The american fighter unit on Midway was destroyed by several airstrikes from at least 2 CVs and many shore bombardements.

June 1942

[Russia] Xwormwood wants to slug it out. He's also invading Finland, primarily chasing my Finnish-HQ. HQ moves North on the rail to avoid easy 3-prong Russian attack, he could easily persue. Tactial Bombers sent out, we seek an Army South of Lennigrad, damage it down to 4. Also, we send large Air against T-34, we get the kill. Meanwhile, heavy infantry with paratroops probe on Kursk & attack the entrenched defenders. We go after it, make the kill & capture Kursk. Bad news, Reds slipped a Corp back into Odessya, didn't think he had the movement points to take it, oh well. Another suicide RedCorp tried to ram my Air Force, he's dealt, death.

[Pacific] IJN Carrier + friends swarm the Austrialian ships, we get a couple easy kills. Whether it be a trap or not, I don't care, we'll fight in June 1942 in the middle of the Pacific. Allied subs did bang up BB East of Phillipines, as he has some sharks swimming in those waters.

2 armies, a tank and a corps lost in russia. :eek:

Kharkow lost.

Some minor allied naval units lost in the pacific.

In my turn i only killed a finnish army and reduced 2 japanese convoy ports.

I wonder what has happend with the black shirt unit which is still hiding somewhere at the oceans.

No Carrier counter strike in the Pacific, thought I took bait....figured too early & your known ships spread to Phillipines.

Far as the Blackshirts, that's none of your business, need to know basis only. They are heading to D.C., maybe to New York open pizza joint. Actually, where are they?

August 1943

[Russia] We sort of a have a theme here. KIA this turn: Army, x2 Corp, Tank. Luftwaffen is really hit this kid hard.

[Pacific] Christmas Island captured. Unlike SC-Pacific, Islands do help, especially if you're the Japs. But that's another topic. [Naru Island] We wanted to take it, but he's got Bomber & Corp. IJN surface ships give the mine + bomber a nice drive-by. Lots of Jap ships in Naru/Tarawa area.

Yes, these losses were a nightmare.

I need bad weather again, his airforce is a lethal thing, it is.

I have to improve soon to stand the test in europe.

Good thing, in all this misery, is that the yugos still fight and that the russians are swimming in silly money.

aug42.jpg?t=1284740169

In the mid pacific i'm about to loose one or two more islands.

Still haven't figured out how to organize my troops, until now is wasted many good ships an men.

October 1942

Russia, yeah, that sucked. I saw the first T-34 unit, that didn't bother me, it would be an exchange of units at worse. Problem is, Xwormwood had another T-34 to wax my HQ-Leeb dry. I couldn't get a kill on the counter-counter-attack, but did reduce them to 1-point & almost a kill with the other, couldn't see how much my air did against 3-point.

Rogue Corp in Finland has limited days. We pound Lennigrad with Air, Rockets, & Carrier. Gotta get rid of those entrenchments.

Forced to shuffle HQ's due to Leeb's death.

Not much happened in Pacfic in terms of known combat. Allies are working Vietnam, Dutch East....that waterway area. No signs of Yankee CVs.

Europe

I barely survived jjrs counter attack against my two tanks in and next to kursk, lucky for me both tanks held on to their last bit of life.

I hope and pray that with the beginning of 1942 autumn season i will get a couple of turns with bad weather, as the axis air forces are POWERFULL in russia.

Marched from Odeassa into Ploesti, hope that hurts his income at least a bit.

in france jjrs german engineer is a busy bee, building forts from the chanal toward switzerland (at least thats what it looks like). Well, mabye more a busy beaver than a bee, i guess.

Pacific

Surprised a japanese BB in Manila port, sunk it with 4 carrier attacks.

Next time i will post pics again, today i'm a bit lazy, sorry for that.

October 1942

[Russia] We're forced to do a defensive type turn, he's unbuttoned in T-34's. He's stolen the oil in Romania since my Yugoslavia war has be undecisive. I did kill one Corp.

[Pacific] Yankee sub sniffing Hawaii, we try to bomb him but he dives. Back to Manilla. We send Nippon Sub into the middle of 3 carriers...wow, 3 British Carriers. Sub dings carrier for 4-points, then 2 attacks from Tactical on Phillipines finish the trick. CV-Glorious is now CV-Inglorious & sunk.

Europe

East of Kiev I was able to kill HQ Rundstedt as well.

Withdrew from Ploesti again.

nov42.jpg?t=1284812359

Pacific

Sunk the japanese Sub which slaughtered my poor UK CV.

Her partnes in crime, a CA west and a CV east of the philippine Islands, were sunk, too. The CV gave her position away when she intercepted one of my strikes against his CA.

Asia

Japanese force build up next to Thailand. Decided to go there first. Done.

November 1942

[Russia] Total mess-up in Central Russian. Never should have pushed for that last city, stupid. Now I'm forced to hold any ground I can as Russian Tanks pound my South/Central line. New units forced (HQ) operanded for supplies with the death of 2nd HQ. What a setback. Xwormwood is an agressive player, I failed to account for that & the shatty weather.

[Yugoslavia] what's the deal with the Romanians? Somebody needs to take the city or be shot.

[Pacific] With the taking of Hawaii, the whole complexity of the game is different. First, we kill those punks CA-Marblehead, CA-Exter, CA-DeRutyer that sunk Nippon Carrier. Ding up BB-Valiant near Vietnam. This was in the greater Phillipines area. Allied ground forces took Bangcock, we invade......Japs vs S.Africans.....it's a multi-cultural event. That's where the Western line is drawn on the ground. Allies have fighters in Burma pinging Kumming area, I have no air cover.

Out in the Pacific, bunch of unknowns.....accept for 2-subs docking near Hawaii....we send Bomber & Fighter sorties on them, they scatter. Yankee Cruisers spotting sniffing Christmas Island. Game is wide open in the Pacific.....where are the American Carriers?

Europe

Harsh winter stops every military actions in russia. A couple of bad weather turns and i will give some hard blows.

A couple of good weather turns and my proud tank forces will turn into mince meat.

Phlippines

The imperial navy appears in force. Lost a surrounded CA when it ran with 2 points left into a waiting sub.

youwe.jpg?t=1284829868

Europe

In the south, the russians try to advance, but the germans have formed a new line of defense around Kiev.

I was able to kill one meagre special unit, but for this i needed to use up many, many attacks with several tanks and corps.

Still no weather for Flyers, which is a good thing for me, as in the north, between Riga and Lenigrad, the germans divebomber vultures have frozen wings of death. When they see sunlight, i have to run for my live, as my own air force is still not grown up to fight it our in the air.

Phlippines

Bombed two convoy harbors.

Thailand

Here I NEED good weather, as my allied corps are no match for the battle hardened japanese armies and SF units.

dec42.jpg?t=1284834264