CMSF will eventually get the QB update

It is, based on the second Q&A on page two from the Afghanistan ACG interview with Steve. This indicates CMSF and Afghanistan will eventually get the the new QB update that will be shipping with CMN. If I recall correctly Steve had said the new QB update will not be incorporated into the CMSF family. Just that it will be a feature from CMN and future CMx2 games.

So if this is indeed true then this is great news for QB fans.

Here's the bit I'm referring to:

ACG: One of the rather dramatic changes between the original Word War II Combat Mission games and the Combat Mission-Shock Force games is that the computer randomly generates a player’s units for a scenario in the Shock Force games. What was the thinking behind going that route instead of letting players purchase units? Will that ability ever be incorporated into the Shock Force games?

SG: Yes, but it will not be ready for CM-Afghanistan. The first game to have a new OB system will be the first of CM’s WWII games, which is set in Normandy and beyond.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/combat-mission-shock-force-afghanistan-interview.htm

Hmmm, I can now see how you could read it to mean retro-fitting it in existing titles. I just don't read it that way at all though.

Nor does it seem likely. While it'd greatly increase the value of CMSF, it'll do little for sales.

So unless it is very easy to do and Steve wants a crowd pleaser to draw a line under the less then stellar reception of CMSF, I don't see it happening.

Yeah but if the interviewer was talking about the Shock Force sequel don't you think he would of specified that. He said SF games(plural), as in CMSF+modules. In which the reply was: "Yes, but it will not be ready for CM-Afghanistan." Besides CMSF2 is probably at least two years away, why vaguely talk about a game that comes well after several games before it.

Not saying this is in fact the case, just looking for a little clarification is all. News/updates have come in through interviews in the past as well.