Big Multiplayer thread

I'd love to get some multiplayer action, but it seems it's very hard to arrange multiplayer unless you have a friend playing the game. My friends are sadly not into simulation games. Also the quite weird hosting mechanism (your computer actually requiring an external IP in order to appear in the broadcast list) keeps the internet server list very empty for those quick public games which is a shame.

Anyway my computer has an external IP (no NAT) so I can perfectly host and broadcast on the server list. Let's use this thread to meet up and have some multiplayer fun amongst the community here. Who's in for some WW2 carnage ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will launch a MP mission with Kursk TODAY (wednesday).

It will be at 21H30 french time, 15H30 Estern time zone, 14H30 Central T Z, etc.

Sorry for last time, I made a mistake about the hour !!!

We will stay open untill 21H45 !

i can play anytime of the night, most likely around 21hr AUS - 13hr French time - i wander if the lag will be bearable ?

We can try thursday or friday ? 13H30 french time - so if I made no mistake, it means 6H30 Central time zone for USA :eek:

We can try thursday or friday ? 13H30 french time - so if I made no mistake, it means 6H30 Central time zone for USA :eek:

As Stimo said, we propose 9 o'clock GMT.

For tonight, it was not possible, multiplayer server was not availaible :mad:

9 --- that would be 3 my time(EST). I do not get home until 4 my time. So if you guys are on at 1000pm I am game. If you are talking AM. That is a little too early for my blood.

Anyone closer to my time that wants to set something up let me know.

Arzok --- Keep me posted on the times you guys play on the weekend (sat / sun). I may be able to manage the time differences then. Later.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I have tried to use the multiplayer and I'm not sure it is working correctly. I followed the directions in the manual, listed my IP in TOW2 Multi Opt. I can connect via a LAN connection. But there's never any servers listed. I can launch a server and play the AI but that's all. So I am also wondering why the AI is so dumb in the multiplayer. They just sweep across the landscape capturing flags and quickly abandoning them. Plus when I set all three players to enemy AI and I'm on my own, shouldn't the enemy have overwhelming fire power against me? It's not the case, the AI just seems to match what I have on the field.