TOW2: KURSK 1943 (Pre-Order Deal?)

trek

As a proud owner of TOW and TOW2: Afrika I was wondering if you are going to offer the same pre-order deal you've posted for Strategic Command?

I can't wait to start playing Kursk and will want to DL the digital version, but also want to have the boxed version with manual, etc.

Hopefully, you are going to offer the same deal, right?

Yes, we will open pre-orders for Kursk fairly soon (it's planned for later this week). The exact time and date depends on the code "going gold" and a few other production to-do's, which, once completed, allows us to time pre-orders so that the time between a pre-order and the release does not exceed 4-6 weeks (any longer than that brings trouble, legal and logistical :))

Martin

The precisely exact release date is: when it's ready. :)

It won't be more than 4-6 weeks for sure, perhaps less, depending on how quickly the final tidbits are polished (there is an in-game updater/patching mechanism that is currently being finalized and tested) and what the printing turnaround is (it varies always a bit depending on how busy our printing company is at a given time; unfortunately we're not big enough to have them drop everything else for us :))

Demo soon, yes. Normally we wait with that until close to the release but since it's basically ready and already out in Russia, we're trying to get it english-ized as quickly as possible.

Martin

I ordered Strategic Command 2 yesterday and today I saw the bundle shipping offer for SC2 and Kursk. Is it possible to still get that deal or am I out of luck?

Moon, I PM'd you this question before I saw this thread. Figured it might be easier for you to answer on here since your inbox is likely flooded :-)

Utex, actually I replied to your email before seeing this but the email bounced ("550 4.2.1 mailbox temporarily disabled"). Here is what I wrote:

No, you're not out of luck. I can cancel your previous order and give you a coupon for that amount. You can then use that coupon to reduce your payment for a new order that includes both products. What's your order number?

Martin

PM me your order number, or submit a support ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

"the file(s) you ordered are ready for your download." read my mail.

So when? is all I wanna know now. :)

As pre-order customer, you will receive an email when your download is ready. Usually it's a few hours before the official release. Make sure you whitelist sales@battlefront.com with your email provider to avoid having the email go to your junk mail folder :)

No, sorry, that is not an option. If you would like "download only", then simply wait until the game is released, and you can order (and download) then.

I'd rather give you money than to a shipper, so I'll wait.

By the way, as for the ToW1 release, I'll change PC's for a better experience. I'm a fan.

We will be posting the game manual online, as for most of our other games, before the release. The size will be similar as for the other titles in the series. There are, in fact, several manuals, including the Mission and Map Editor manuals. Not all of them will be printed though, just the main manual.

Moon - Regarding the manual, purely out of curiosity..How many are being printed? 100s? 1,000s?

Is it likely to sell out before the official release of the game?

It's not a concern to me as i've already placed my pre-order, but some friends of mine probably won't be persuaded to buy it until they've seen me play it. Just wondering if they'll still have a chance to pickup the manual. But if not then they can still get it online so it's no big deal. :)

I just ordered the Global Conflict game and the next day the special comes out for Kursk and I don't get the deal? Is this accurate or do I have to pay another 10 bucks of shipping? Just curious,

Huhr, I replied to your question via PM. In short, we can cancel your pre-order for Global Conflict, issue you a store coupon, and you can then pre-order both games (you'll only end up paying the difference).