Sound effects mod?

I know just what you mean. Try AKD's soundmod. It has several version of the same sound so you can tailor make it to your expectations, just drop the files in the Z one by one manually if you like it. For the SA-80 family of weapons you'll need to rename one of the included soundfiles to "gun 5 modern", I found using an alternate M16 sound included with AKD's mod quite satisfactory, YMMV.

PS

If the music in the menu and loading screen gets on your tits then try (parts of) the Generation Kill mod. Makes the loading a whole lot easier on the ears.

Are you playing all the modules? Personally I've found a carefully edited combination of all the different sound mods out there with some personal modifications has resulted in a very satisfying sound effect mod.

I used AKD sound mod as a base and overlayed that with Nemboo's mod, and then did my own adjustments.

I think I used the BFC original gun5 aks-74u.wav as a replacement for the gun5-ak74 sound but with increase volume via the Windows sound recorder utility. The original Gun7 akm .wav is also improved throught the same process.

gun5 modern.wav is the sound file for all the British small arms so I chose another more robust sound to replace it.

One of the problems I've found is some of the mods are too ear shattering for my tastes, I prefer the loud pop that seems to resemble the small arms fire you hear from weapons in relevant video of combat in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I can post my combined sound mod in the repository if anyone is interested. I will give due credit to the guys who's sounds I've used and modified. But only if someone wants it, personally after much experimentation I think I'm now happy with the ingame sounds.

I can post my combined sound mod in the repository if anyone is interested. I will give due credit to the guys who's sounds I've used and modified. But only if someone wants it, personally after much experimentation I think I'm now happy with the ingame sounds.

Ta for all the replies chaps. Erm, yes I have just bought all the modules. Just played my first ever scenario, and won a minor victory :-) 9 dead though ouch!

If you can perhaps post your combined mod, maybe I could try that.

Thanks for the props all. I would have already have a new version of my mod out for 1.2, with Brit sounds and many improvements, but I've been crippled by tendonitis in my arms. I've also been trying to tweak sound levels. I hope to have something out in the next few weeks.