Only post here if you are happy!!!!!

To all the guys who are happy at paying for nothing special that they could have burned themselves on to a cd and saved $30 I am really happy for you. Knock yourselves out. Download & hardgoods in this case is just a waste of money, nothing worthy of the extra cost. Next time you want to waste $30, put it to better use and give it to any Armed Forces charity.

If you only bought the download then this issue does not concern you. If you bought the hardgoods only because of your preference and are happy with what you received then this doesn't concern you.

To Moon, I will not unlicence the downloaded game I paid for but I will gladly return the hardgoods that were misrepresented for a refund of the $10 & $20 S&H. Image of a cd only in a jewel case, still can't see it.

Next to an image of a DVD case and British Forces insert this is stated

You can download and play immediately! Hardgoods - consisting of a CD - will be mailed out within 2 weeks.

No image or mention of a jewel case. No reason to expect anything other than the DVD style packaging and cd similar to the Marines module which to be fair is a quality product.

Just as you all have a right to come here, post and be over the moon (pun intended), I have a right to be unhappy if I am with something. As soon as any complaint is made here is is jumped upon by the followers who think BF can do no wrong. I have bought many of BF's games and always been happy with the quality. This is the first time I have felt really let down by the quality of any hardgoods on offer. I stated that I do enjoy Shock Force and it's modules. My problem is not with the quality of the game but the quality of the recent hardgoods. If I had only bought the download, which I wish now I had, there would be no problem, but the hardgoods have been misrepresented.

This has nothing to do with being a "neat freak". If you are happy with your cd and jewel case then great. I didn't come on here and make snidy comments about the people who were happy and tell them they should not be, but if you are unhappy then there is always a queue waiting to tell you to lighten up and be happy, tough luck and so what. There is a recurring trend on these forums of people who always jump on anybody who dares speak out against BF. You know who you are.

" No plan survives contact with the next turn button"

Image of a cd only in a jewel case, still can't see it.

Next to an image of a DVD case and British Forces insert this is stated

You can download and play immediately! Hardgoods - consisting of a CD - will be mailed out within 2 weeks.

No image or mention of a jewel case.

You mean a picture is worth more than a 1000 words? :)

No reason to expect anything other than the DVD style packaging and cd similar to the Marines module which to be fair is a quality product.

You mean no reason other than that it isn't mentioned? :)

To Moon, I will not unlicence the downloaded game I paid for but I will gladly return the hardgoods that were misrepresented for a refund of the $10 & $20 S&H.

As you know, we have a no refund policy. You agree to and accept this policy before each purchase. This no refund policy includes partial refunds. We do make exceptions, rarely, but it does happen from time to time. If we do it at all, it usually includes a store coupon for a future purchase but certainly not cash back in hand.

The right way to go about obtaining a refund/coupon if you're unhappy with something is to contact us at the helpdesk or one of the other contact links and ask. For reasonable requests there is usually one way or another to work something out.

I would guess Battlefront would happily have everyone directly download their products and drop supplying hard copies along with the costs, hassle and grief.

Careful JB you could end up sending back a unique legacy...

ps Yup I got direct download for British Forces/Marines to support Battlefront and I'm a happy bunny. I remember the 10/10 customer service given to me by MadMatt when the preorder for CMBB [Mac] came out and it didn't work - As a stop gap Matt personally hand burnt and couriered to the UK a working replacement for me, before I received a working manufactured copy a couple of weeks later.

A stark warning about the finances of the games industry has been aired at the Edinburgh Interactive conference.

The sector had suffered "significant disruption" to its business model, Edward Williams, from BMO Capital Markets told the industry gathering.

"For Western publishers, profitability hasn't grown at all in the past few years and that's before we take 2009 into account," he said.

By contrast, he said, Chinese firms were still seeing improved profits.

What makes the difference between Western firms and Chinese developers was the way they went about getting products to players.

Western publishers, said Mr Williams, still relied on the traditional develop methods of putting a game on a DVD and then selling that through retail channels.

Chinese developers focussed primarily on the PC market and used direct download, rather than retail stores, to get games to consumers.

Alarm sounded over game futures

It's the End of the World as We Know It

Billy Pidgeon, an analyst with IDC, agreed that digital downloads were the way forward.

"Companies that make disc-only games will be the dinosaurs of the future."

The company said that last year, players in North America spent $1.9bn downloading games, up from $981m in 2007.

is?y7z40ZFFg8CQT7YtnYBddyXTPF592XBC6rhWNfRnToA

Joebloggs,

You asked for it so here is another for you.....

Seriously,

understand you may be disappointed but there is no other place where the Devs would post some couple thousand posts answering people's questions even if someone else just asked the same thing or had the same gripe.

If you are truly upset and not just ranting, chalk it up as a mistake and drive on. Can't tell you how many gamess i bought that are less than spectacular. I learned to do a little research before buying something and keeping my expectations in check....

I am quite prepared to move on as the only people who really mattered in this discussion have addressed my concerns. But there is the queue of people I spoke of starting to get personal because someone dares to post anything less than praise for their beloved BF. If you post a response you are ranting. It does appear you are only allowed to say nice things on this forum otherwise you await the wrath of the forum elite.

The fan boy brigade have been called to arms and it is time to smite the enemies of BF.

Yet again people comes on these boards and try to belittle and make a fool of people who post, usually adding nothing to the thread other than personal attacks. Funny they are not. The secret to being a comedian is to come up with new material now and then.

Too many times the attacks are personal and then the thread gets locked, removed or the original poster is threatened with expulsion because they dared to stand up to the attacks, but the people who get personal, the fan boys, go unpunished.

Just because you do not agree does not mean that the person posting is wrong.

If you have something constructive to add without getting personal then please post. If you don't then pass the thread by.

"No plan survives contact with the next turn button"