Javelin in Demo

I own previous patches of CMSF. Howeve in the 1.20 demo I noticed Javelins have a problem hitting a target in RT play. They hit the ground directly under the target vehicle which does no damage whatsoever. With the limited tests I was able to do it seems the under hit is caused if you pause at any time between when the operator takes aim and impact.

Javelins do have some inherent

percentage in the game, just very small one (esp. compared to other missiles). In those cases they miss by a few meters or a mile. But what Gen. J-Sun detailed is, according to the description, something quite different. I tried to replicate the error by firing Javelins in RT mode and pausing mid flight, but they all still hit their targets. That wasn't the demo, though, but still this seems tricky to catch.

J-sun, do I understand you correctly when I think you say the Javelins hit the correct spot, but went 'through' their targets and only damaged ground? Which scenario was it and what were the ranges involved? Thanks.

The USMC going to Town scenario. I recently hot-seated and retrained the BMP, both with and without pausing the Javelins suffered from a lower than usual hit rate in one case taking 3 Javs to take out a BPM in the open. In most cases the missle does not fail, it hits the mark going through the vehicle without causing a scratch. I haven't attempted to replicate it with the British scenario in the demo however my passive observation is that their Javs function normally.

I've also seen this Javelin missing a moving target when playing some of the new UK scenarios. I watched the explosion from some distance, so can't say if the missile went through a vehicle. It seemed to hit ground just next to it. Happened twice in row. They seem to hit static targets very accuretely, just like in earlier versions.

In playing "Breakout!" (the scenario where a company's worth of SBCT troops come up against BMP-3s and AT-14s on a long, narrow map) the other day, I fired at least three Javelins (from two different scout teams) at a BMP-3, and all three soared high in the air—like normal—but just continued on overhead and out of sight beyond the map edge. No near-misses, no failure right after launch (resulting in the missile hitting the ground a relatively short way from the unit with the CLU), just couldn't-hit-the-broad-side-of-a-barn stuff.

Overall, though, my Javelin-firing experiences have been like that: right on target or just sail overhead. :/