Wha widnae oop an' rally a' tha new Peng Challenge thraid?!

OGSF

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true - we're all superlative sailors. But the knottiness of our heads is due to the annual rutting displays, where we line up in teams and run headlong into each other. It's a young man's sport, the elders are on the sidelines scoring. The display is more of a stimulus than a selection process you see, though if you survive to be an elder you do get to score.

Gentlemen and Mister Shaw,

I have an Imac and none of my Combat Mission discs work on it. Since my Imac adds an additional 20 IQ points to my already prodigious mental acuity and most of you matter even less now that I have discovered the mac way, I will now encourage both of you who are left to buy me Combat Mission again. This time I want the Jobs flavor.

cue the missing liver jokes

I would also like to give a somewhat older shout out to the King of South Philly and his pet that is from Moorestown, NJ.

Warm and slightly moist regards,

Hiram

Gentlemen and Mister Shaw,

I have an Imac and none of my Combat Mission discs work on it. Since my Imac adds an additional 20 IQ points to my already prodigious mental acuity and most of you matter even less now that I have discovered the mac way, I will now encourage both of you who are left to buy me Combat Mission again. This time I want the Jobs flavor.

Warm and slightly moist regards,

Er, Hiram, I hate to be the one to tell you, but your iMac isn't going to be able to play the Mac version of the game unless it is something like four or more years old. To cut to the chase, it has to be able to boot up in OS 9.2. OS X has a 9.2 emulator sort of thing, but it won't boot up as genuine 9.2 and it won't play any Mac version.

If yours is a later, i.e. Intel iMac, it can run Windows and allow you to play the PC version of the game, provided it has enough horsepower and memory.

And yes, polluting your pristine Mac with Windows is like rolling in fresh dung. But there the awful truth is.

Michael