Wtf!?

I spent 6 hours working on a map yesterday...saved it about every hour...I put 2 hours alone into a POW camp and it was tight...I had this thing all the way down to the smalled details..

Turned on my computer today to work a little more on it....file is gone. Just not there...undelete can't even find it, like it never existed. Wow...this is like a kick in the junk.

How? I made it a point to save this thing regularly..and it was there..I turned the program off to go to dinner last night and fired it up again when I got back and it loaded fine then.

Aaaaarrrrrgh! *sigh* Sorry...I'm just venting. Welp...time to start over.

This time I'm saving it my hard drive, my external hardrive, and a flash drive that I'm going to unplug every time I back up the file.

Vista, I presume?

Just what I was about to say. Other Vista users have cried out in alarm over weirdly saved maps, savegames. etc. too. It ain't just you.

Windows XP, for me it always wants to save in the "Game Files" folder, one up from the Scenarios folder. Which is convenient if you know where it went, not so much if you didn't ;)

You'd better find it 'cause I wanna play it eventually!

lol...I'm not sure if it would even be a decently playable map. It's the first map I've tried and I was essentially just building it to get a feel for the editor. I took my topo map of the Camp Ripley National Guard center here in Minnesota and mapped out the 4 square clicks around one of the POW Camp training sites. Only dissapointed about a few things...there is no water terrain feature...no option for rivers or lakes in the base game...at least none that I can find. So, I just used the marsh tile for everything. Environment objects are pretty limited...I was hoping to find like a checkpoint gate or even just a stop sign. I can't figure out how to place an empty vehicle object...like if I just wanted an immobile abandoned truck.

It's about 50/50 open terrain and woodland...

Yeah I hear you. Those complaints have been floating around for the last two years. You just have to use your imagination and some good terrain mods. I do know that water will be a part of the game once CM: Normandy comes out. Until then, there are some water mods that turn marsh into blue water. There's also a muddy water mod.

My first map wasn't very popular, but I released it anyways and I still like it. ;) Keep designing and you'll get better at it. I just haven't seen a POW camp map yet, so a lot of people would play it if you did release it.

You can do immobile or even burning vehicles- Somewhere there is a button to change the status of the vehicle... maybe in the same area where you choose experience and ammo loadout levels.

Definitely use them, they can add a lot of flair to a map.

Yea, I saw that....the only problem I'm having is that, really, the only light vehicles avaliable to red are in the technicals unit and unless the vehicle is destroyed they are all manned by default and I can't figure out how to delete the crew. I the context of my map, I have a motor pool are on the camp that I would like to populate with various empty vehicles that could be manned and operated at some point during the mission, and inside there I also have a building with a couple attached shelter objects surrounded by various thing like supply pallets, drums, and tires...basically to simulate a maintenence area and what I wanted to do was throw an empty immobile vehicle under one of the shelters as like an additional environment object for that little scene...like it is broken and was in the process of undergoing repairs when the mission occured.