Band Of Brothers "The Pacific" teaser

A hero is someone who saves lives, not takes them. Since a soldiers job is mainly to take lives, kinda hard to think of ones self as a hero, even if he is saving lives by taking others....

No, that's your concept of hero, which is incorrect. Soldiers are most apposite for the dictionary definition of hero.

A hero is someone who saves lives, not takes them. Since a soldiers job is mainly to take lives, kinda hard to think of ones self as a hero, even if he is saving lives by taking others....

That is one definition, but not the only one in my way of looking at things. Heroes can also stand up to tyrants and religious zealots, fight for human rights in the face of sure assassination, and some other scenarios, including wartime ones.

• 7 months later...
I'm seeing billboards for this now in LA, I think it actually airs in the next few days. Too bad I don't have HBO anymore. I'll have to wait for a DVD version.

Yup, the series starts this Sunday at 9pm. Tom Hanks was doing his rounds on all the talk shows this week promoting it.

Any way we can get this if we do not have HBO? I know folks in the UK were able to get Battlestar and any others they wanted to via bit torrent, any alternative? HBO will get my money from the DVD I will buy but I do not really want to wait for the series to run its course and next Christmas.

www.hbo.com Watch it online. Free.

Thanks for that, Willy. Although I must admit that my set up may not be up to the technical demands. The visual is jerkey; it's like watching one of those movies from a hundred years ago. The sound is mostly okay, but I have to pause the flick once in a while to let the download get caught up, otherwise I get a hesitation every few seconds after it has run a while. This is one I'll probably have to catch on DVD when it comes out, hopefully before too long.

Michael