Why doesn't Battlefront archive older patches in the repository?

For those people who have several games going it can be an issue esspecially in a hardware crash. They go through all the trouble of reinstalling everything but then can't continue games because the older patch is no longer available. Since there is a repository why don't you just put the old patches there? This would prevent your customers from jumping through hoops to find a friend with the old patch.

I know space can be an issue for your customers especially with 3 or 4 versions of the same title being on one hard drive but a company as big as Battlefront could certainly afford the disk space.

Thanks,

I'm refering to the SC2, SCWAW, PDE, PACWR patches. The only patches I see available to download are the latest patches. Being inclusive does not help if you are only allowed to download v 1.6 for example if the games you were playing is v 1.5. Maybe I'm missing something on the downloads page?

Thanks,

Thanks for the replies! I have bookmarked the Patches-Scrolls site. In using the links you provided though I am not able to get to the WAW patch site.

My suggestion would be to archive your patches in your Repository section. Why if you are hosting other people's scenarios would you make your customers go to a third party site to download patches for your games? Is it a bandwidth issue or or storage issue? I'm sure the sites get hammered everytime there is a new patch but after the initial frenzy the traffic should be fairly modest considering the size of our wargame community. It seems it would be good for customer service reasons (see unavalibility to get to WAW above) if for nothing else.

Again thanks for your usual prompt response! Your team really is the best I've ever encountered in supporting your products!

Thanks Baron and I think one of the reasons to have the patches available on other hosts is to increase exposure but this of course is Battlefront's department as publisher.

For the link I provided above there is a clickable line that should take you to the Weapons and Warfare addons page but in case you can't find it here is the direct page below:

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/strategic_command_2_weapons_and_warfare.php

Hope this helps!

Hubert

• 3 weeks later...