Close Combat The Longest Day

Normally I wouldn't mind a link to an independent mag reviewing a new game but since Matrix owns the Wargamer and the review link is plastered with ads for the game (including the entire background of the site), I have to classify this one as commercial, sorry. No infraction incurred however. I am sure 99% of all people visiting here know where the find the game, btw.

Normally I wouldn't mind a link to an independent mag reviewing a new game but since Matrix owns the Wargamer and the review link is plastered with ads for the game (including the entire background of the site), I have to classify this one as commercial, sorry. No infraction incurred however. I am sure 99% of all people visiting here know where the find the game, btw.

Roger that Moon, honest mistake. I thought that maybe this game would be a good way to get geared up for CM:Normandy.

I sure hope it has all the usual Close Combat features. Like infantry that crawl around in the middle of a road or position themselves partially outside buildings, tanks that rotate their hulls endlessly before bothering to take a shot and battles that are over in 30 seconds because you are forced to position units in LOS situations that are hopeless.

Affentitten,

Long ago and far away Close Combat impressed me (1/285 scale men that crawled)--until I played the CMBO Beta Demo and watched the StuG III's gun recoil when fired. Haven't been the same since!

Regards,

John Kettler

I think ditto for a lot around here. The series was once great but is simply overshadowed by today's standards. I'd maybe play it a little bit just for old times sake.

I actually bought CC: TLD and so far have been enjoying it. I've played CC 1-3 back in the days and loved the series, but as many others once CMBO came out I hardly played them again, because Combat Mission was superior in just about all aspects.

That being said, CC: TLD is fun, and I really like the campaign, the ability to play with british and canadian forces and the night fighting. There are lots of beautiful maps, full of details, and it's one of those games where you think "just one more battle", then realize it's 2.30 AM in the morning and you have to get up soon...

I'd recommend the game for old CC fans who are happy with a slightly updated and improved version of CC: Normandy, who can enjoy the game's strengths and who can overlook the game's quirks.