M240 Team Not Deploying

Noticed an odd thing last night in the USMC campaign mission "Milk Run" : one of my M240 teams would not deploy the M240's tripod when ordered. Thinking that there was not enough space for the MG to set up (it was inside a building and on a floor with other units) I moved it to another floor and tried again; again, the team would not deploy the weapon as ordered.

The team was at full strength, not suppressed, and within site of its command unit. Bug, or something I wasn't doing right? My other M240 teams on the map were deploying their M240 tripods just fine.

Setting up in buildings is a concession from BFC at the cost of extra deploy time while the troops build up a suitable nest. Knocking out bricks, arranging a furniture platform, raiding the fridge for beer, etc etc

That's what I'm saying, knocking out a few windows and deploying a bipod doesn't take 5 minutes.

Mg teams inside buildings can take about 5 minutes to set up. If it said "deploying" under the troopers actions on the left side of the screen then all is well. Just give them more time.

Thanks. I'll be sure to watch for this next time.

MGs fire off their bipods by default. You do not need to deploy an MG to use the bipod.

Ah, but that brings up an issue, then, with the gunner's animation. With the M240 "undeployed" the gunner will fire it from the shoulder like it's an assault rifle. Bug?

Ah, but that brings up an issue, then, with the gunner's animation. With the M240 "undeployed" the gunner will fire it from the shoulder like it's an assault rifle. Bug?

A bug in the sense that rifles are substituted for pistols and men walk up and over walls. I don't think BFC considers it worth the time to animate. I'm pretty sure undeployed machinegunners just use the standard rifle animations when standing and kneeling.

A bug in the sense that rifles are substituted for pistols and men walk up and over walls. I don't think BFC considers it worth the time to animate. I'm pretty sure undeployed machinegunners just use the standard rifle animations when standing and kneeling.

Got it. While I understand why they did this for CMSF, I hope the same isn't true for Normandy. It would look really odd seeing an MG42 gunner firing his bipod-equipped weapon from the shoulder the entire time.

You see the M240 on its bipod when the gunner is firing from a prone position, undeployed. I suspect that it just uses the normal firing anim when the soldier is standing, such as pausing for a shot on the move. To have them using the bipod from in a building or behind a low wall would require another specific anim for that, which is a relatively large use of development time for a pretty minor issue.