CMSF Panoramic screenshot

Hi

For those liking nice pictures, here's a panoramic screenshot i've made for an ongoing battle. It's taken obviously from the midlle of the battleground, though i've not choosen the most explosive part, it's a first try :)

Enjoy !

(use your mouse to navigate and zoom, it's fairly intuitive for a gamer ; you may also use arrow keyboards, and + - keys, if needed)

(and for the battle, it's Thin Black Line, you'll find a link after the picture for the AAR if interested ; it's not in english, it's a work in progress, but there are pics and several videos)

(ah yes, it's rather light too, just 500 kb, in case that matters for some of you ...)

Interesting stuff. I played "The Thin Black Line" just yesterday.

I left most of my vehicles behind cover because of all those ATGMs. Did the whole mission with infantry and artillery/aircraft support only. Suffered ~20 casualties and one destroyed AAV.

Thank you for your comments :) I'll do other shots, as there are very good moments in CMSF battles which shall be captured and cannot be really shown with classical screenshots.

What plug in do you need to view this? I can't see it in firefox or ie.

You need to have Java installed, check this web page : http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp. It's nothing special, just take the last version, and it shall work.

Thank you for your comments :) I'll do other shots, as there are very good moments in CMSF battles which shall be captured and cannot be really shown with classical screenshots.

You need to have Java installed, check this web page : http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp. It's nothing special, just take the last version, and it shall work.

Ah! Thanks! I recently reinstalled windoze, and hadn't had a need to install java until now.

Is it me or it's not possible to edit a message ? I must be tired ... Anyway, as i've added a second panoshot (based on streets of Hama, with a duplicate of higher resolution - it may not work if you're low on system memory), i've updated the whole thing, making a nice page on our website where everyone will be able to see the current and future shots. I'll try to update it regularly (though not every day ;) )

Hi

I've made a new one (direct link), based on the mission "Circle the Wagons" (the shot is a bit distorted, but nothing dramatic ; those images are tricky to build ...).

Here's a little summary of what happened so that you may better understand the situation :

It's from the syrian point of view, but right in the middle of the US side. It's just after the beginning of the syrian assault, one M1 is already knocked out (the right one though you cannot see it, as it's not burning) while the 2nd M1 resist syrian rockets and is firing everywhere around him. Two marines squads have been seriously hit by a rain of bullets and rockets. The first one is behind the dead M1, half of them are dead ; the second one, well, you see the survivors on the roofs of two smalls buildings, next to their AAV; they arrived in fact from the street behind those buildings, and were immediatly engaged (+/- 50 % casulaties) by the now dead syrians that you may distinguish in the 2 roofs building behind the marines ; the third squad is still in the AAV and will disembark soon, taking shelter where there is a syrian spy (near the AAV).

At this point, there's already a lot of dead soldiers on syrian side too (damned Abrams !). As you may guess, the attack was fast and brutal. The surviving M1 will be destroyed a few turns later, as well as the AAV, and the marines will stay entrenched in their building ... but that's another story I will probably write more in details later when the game is finished (and i suppose it will be a draw because of the heavy loss suffered by the syrian).

Enjoy !

check out the blog banner here: http://david.weebly.com/1/post/2009/03/how-to-open-many-keypad-access-doors.html (wiggle your mouse over the banner - read the blog post too. It's amusing). I think that'd make for some pretty neat-oh CMSF screenshots.

Tool to create that header is here: http://webdev.stephband.info/parallax.html