Finnish Fists Thread

Wilhammer

Dear Wil,

We've just had a Finnish lady start work here today. She's young, tall, blond, slim with big...assets......very tasty :)

I haven't seen any pine cones or toothpicks around tho - but she does have a hand bag.

Should I leave my tiger tank at home tomorrow?

she's only here on a 6 month visa - will it be safe to drive my tank to work again after she has gone, or is there some residual danger from over excited shrubbery?

Thanks

SO

We have a house guest right now, a Russian lady from Siberia, where she lives on the Amur River. She found Southern California cold! But I think that is because she is out of her element, probably a bit under-dressed, expecting Summer while it is still wintery for us...windbreaker and sweater weather.

Once she started wearing layers again, she stopped complaining. They are big on layers. I've seen her and her kids in teleconferences using Skype, after coming home in mid-winter back in Siberia, and it looks like it takes them 10 minutes just to get down to their house clothes, they have on so many layers.

We had a Finnish girl at our house for dinner a couple of weeks ago. She was a Lapp. But even so, very nice. What puzzled me though was that she was complaining about being cold! It was like 23 degrees or so but she was wrapped up like it was an Arctic winter.

Ah, a miscommunication... so typical. Finnish women say they're feeling cold when they really mean they're feeling cold towards you. Opposite feelings are expressed by saying "haluatko pystyttää salon nahkakotaani?" which is very difficult to interprete, as depending on context it might also mean that the lady needs help in constructing a tent (and when wouldn't they).

Ah, a miscommunication... so typical. Finnish women say they're feeling cold when they really mean they're feeling cold towards you. Opposite feelings are expressed by saying "haluatko pystyttää salon nahkakotaani?" which is very difficult to interprete, as depending on context it might also mean that the lady needs help in constructing a tent (and when wouldn't they).

Coffee spill alert!

Best regards,

Thomm