Artillery Shotgun Burst

stoex

Well after the Mk19 and the .50, I'm going to have to report my US 120mm mortars have just fired a shotgun burst as well. 8 rounds all in one go.

Since the shotgun burst for the other weapons has been reported fixed by Steve in a related thread, I hope that fix will cover this behaviour for any weapon where it shows up. Just thought I'd report it in any case.

Happened in RT play, TF Narwick Battle 3 (Airport), right after reloading from a savegame (yeah, yeah, I know). Within a second of unpausing the game after loading the 8 rounds came down on the area target at once. Normal ROF resumed after that.

Well after the Mk19 and the .50, I'm going to have to report my US 120mm mortars have just fired a shotgun burst as well. 8 rounds all in one go.

And you're COMPLAINING?!

Ahh, it's good to see that BF.C has finally implemented the TOT artillery request feature! That IS what happened, right?

Ken

Minor nitpick, time-on-target corresponds to multiple firing units, each having their first round impact at the same time. Multiple rounds-simultaneous impact (MRSI, pronounced "mercy") is what you get when one firing unit lands all it's rounds at the same place and time. Either way, it's knocks cocks stiff.

And you're COMPLAINING?!

I don't really remember complaining anywhere in my post. Like I said, I was reporting...reporting with a BIG smile on my face :). Obviously, this episode looked and sounded absolutely devastating, and no enemy activity was noted in the vicinity thereafter.....

Unfortunately, I seem to have unintentionally overwritten the savegame or I would have posted a very sweet screenshot here right now :(.

I think I'm going to miss the shotgun burst after v1.2 *sniff*. Even though it's unrealistic, it's just so gratifying.

• 7 months later...

Huh! Shotgun burst is still around? I recall it was originally due to an odd combination of circumstances - moving while targeting while rotating the turret while playing wego. Shotgun burst under that circumstance got found & fixed, I'll have to go poking around, see if I can recreate it again.

Yup, it seems as though arty shells already in the air at the time I save my game all come down at once when I load that savegame. This is in RT, don't know about TB...I will try to recreate and provide a savegame - this will be on Friday, though, as I am too busy until then to fiddle with CMSF.