Open terrain, no enemies spotted yet, how to proceed?

Stoex,

You are right. My blue pixel soldier had a chip on his shoulder just thinking he was a Jav.:D Perhaps he has a complex of some sort. I guess that was an AT-4. Lost one of the men on the retreat back to the woods so they were rattled as is and hard to bring back on-line.

I thought that I got that tank with my 40 mike mike and was impressed until I sawe the little streak of light coming from the far left.

Have to admit that our strategy worked suprisingly well.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I know it is a double post....

Went back and read my original thoughts on what to do and I followed this almost to a tee. I think having the 3 seperate fronts helped significantly. Your original force falling back to a defensive, then seperating elements off to bound left. When your reinforcements arrive they bound right. Once left and right are in place, your main element, reinforced, moves forward to gain superior firepower. Once that is achieved it is a matter of sweeping across the variety of objectives with using your other two fronts as overwatch positions.

I am into the scenarios now so I'll have to delve into some more and after that start downloading....

So Stoex, what did you do in your prior life before becoming a full-time gamer ;)....

For those without the Marine module here's the tactical situation being discussed. Open ground across to a highway with a 'suspicious' hill after that. What do you do, what do you do?

TacticalMap.jpg

Mickey this is one of my favourate missions. Iv'e played it a few times now. The last time a T55 gave me a hard time. It survived an mortar strike, brewed up three vehicles sent to take it out, then chewed up four marine squads who engaged it at close range with AT4's, LAW's and grenade launchers. After the battle was over it was still active and I counted sixty ERA blocks missing from it's front and side. Good fun.

Called Helo in 'Streets of Hamas" took forever to show up and when it did it fired only guns at the 2 T-90s I was having a hard time with. Not the first time Helos only showed guns on Armor. So not sure if I would peak my head around that corner without further verification.

Odd that. My helos have always used missiles on vehicles except for one occasion in which the helo used guns on a BTR, which is appropiate since it is light armor. When I played Streets of Hamas, the helo missile killed two T-90s. Did you use Area or Point Target when sending the helos in?

Now that I've actually played this scenario twice, I can report...

*** SPOILER ALERT! ***

The first time, I advanced with suboptimal caution and suffered what I consider to be heavy losses.

The second time, I advanced cautiously, taking due consideration of terrain features and cover to be afforded therefrom. I was able to use my LAV-AT to knock out both of the 'emplaced' T-54s. In all I suffered only 3 wounded, but I had not advanced to capture even the intersection before the allotted time was up. (I only rarely play any other way than real-time.)

Since the scenario's real objective is to capture most or all of the assigned areas, I shall have another go and balance force preservation with full effective use of said force and see if how I fare against this vaunted T55. :D

One seeming oddity: the first time I played the scenario, I recall that an attack helo showed up on station, but by that point I had taken notable losses and had decided to give up; whereas the second time, no helo showed up. Perhaps it will the third or fourth time.

************ SPOILS **********************

************ SPOILS **********************

I played this mission RT multiplayer, as the reds. Sure was a heck of a battle, the SPG's and the only moving tank were the best assets on my side, however the static ones inflicted some casulaties too, as did the arty I guess :)

It ended in a draw, me holding the village, him holding the hill's. Squad vs squad cqb the red forces are worth nothing. However buildings and machine gun positions provide a good window of opportunity to inflict losses on the enemy :)