British soldiers?!?!?!

I honestly wouldnt want it as any kind of priority. The look simply does not affect the gameplay, so what if a German NCO looks like a German Rifleman, I can imagine hes called Franz Lutz and comes from Magdeberg and is carrying photos of his kids all in my head. Much better to concentrate on the aspects of battle than mere asthetics. Im all for good graphics but not at any cost.

I'm with GSX. I would prefer cherry-picking for quick battles or a per-unit kill counts over within unit variations of uniforms and infantry kit.

Personally I only want a cap/helmet variation and extra uniform slots for the modders that will appear random within a squad just like the faces BMPs. So depending on the memory card you can have a lot different options for a late war german unit. That and multiple skins per vehicle should not be overlooked because WW2 is the pantheon of military modelling and many people will be interested in that way as with CMBO/AK/BB only this time models will look absolutely fantastic in high poly fashion and 3D lighting. Different pouches and other things like boots/trousers would be nice to have but I do understand that they might be not worth the time and effort.

Sure, graphics do not affect the gameplay but they do affect the experience. The example you quoted is a good one, because there the graphical inconsistency is actually somewhat annoying and easy to spot: the figure has an MP 40 in his hands and webbing for Kar 98, with rifle magazine pouches instead of characteristic long magazine pouches for the SMG. I would urge Battlefront to avoid this if they can for PR reasons, as it can be easily picked up even by 10 year old "amateur historians" and end up as a negative point in many reviews and user opinions. Besides, it somewhat undermines the attractiveness of 1:1 representation, if accuracy of representation of individual figures has to be sacrificed.

Last but not least, if the game can show the wonderful variety of uniforms of WWII it would be its very strong selling point, so why lose that?

Summing up, I think that Battlefront should, if possible, try to have several soldier models based on material differences between headgear, uniform and kit (e.g. German infantry: guy in officers cap and webbing, guy with rifle, guy in field cap, guy with MP 40, heavy weapons crew, guy in camo jacket, guy in long garment<coat or rolled up zeltbahn>). Letting that drop to the bottom of priorities would be in my opinion a mistake.

All the best,

Zwolo

If you are close enough to individual riflemen to marvel at the type of ammunition pouches on their cartridge belts, you obviously have little idea how to play a game that is based on infantry squads at the level of the company and I would submit you probably have not much idea how to prioritize the task list for creating one either.

I will not be reading game reviews by 10 year old amateur historians in any event so their opinions will tend not to hold much water with me. Your mileage may vary.

If you are close enough to individual riflemen to marvel at the type of ammunition pouches on their cartridge belts, you obviously have little idea how to play a game that is based on infantry squads at the level of the company and I would submit you probably have not much idea how to prioritize the task list for creating one either.

I will not be reading game reviews by 10 year old amateur historians in any event so their opinions will tend not to hold much water with me. Your mileage may vary.

Might as well have icons and play TacOps.

The graphics are an important part of the game, and small details really help to make it, like correct ammo pouches. I wouldn't recommend going nuts on the graphics as the game mechanics are important as well. A balance is needed.

Might I suggest a more constructive approach to posting?

I meant that it would not be good for the game to have reviews posted all over Internet claiming it has obvious graphical bugs such as soldiers with MP 40 in hand but with rifle ammo pouches on the webbing, implying poor quality control and lack of proper playtesting. Your mileage, as well as opinions on what is the proper way to play a game, are of no interest to me.

Zwolo

We definitely agree that the graphics are an important part of the overall game experience. If we didn't we'd be using 2D icons as Flamingknives said ;) But like he went on to say, it's all a balance of development resources. Are the soldier models in the game already very good? Yes. Are they accurate representations of what they depict? Yup. Is there the sort of variety we uniform grogs would like to see? Nope. Which is why we will (eventually) figure out a way to expand the variety without bogging down development.

Also agree that in general terms "kit" is used to describe the non basic clothing elements of a uniform. "Gear" is another such term. Technically speaking these two terms can also apply to the basic uniform (jacket, trousers, etc.), but "uniform" is not generally seen to apply to things like ammo pouches, helmet, etc.

Steve

Time for some inspirational imagery. 42 Commando, Royal Marines, in Operation Sond Chara:

Great photos akd. It does bring up an interesting question though. How similar is the equipment for regular British troops, British Paras, and Royal Marines, and which of these can we expect to see in CMSF: British Forces?

I do understnad all these points, but i myself think thats what makes the british army different, due to the fact we all look different, but anyway i am still very excited about the britpack!!

Screen shot of british soldiers plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is how the vikings role..........

post-29806-141867621053_thumb.jpg

Although there haven´t been any images of the UK soldiers I can say they are looking pretty good, with trousers over the boots, PRRs, etc.

Skins are already in place and all. Some tweaking might be needed though, that´s why no images for now.

Like everybody else I´d love to see several different versions of soldiers. But like Steve said, it won´t happen for the British Module though.