Total Newbie seeking Answer

Greetings Guys

I am trying the demo and as it lack of tutorial , there some noob questions

1) I am trying to land some unit near Kota Baru , don't seem able to do so

2) Am I suppose to capture Thailand and move from there ?

3) There are so many fronts to fight on , which one should I pay more attention to ?

This is one great game and almost sure to buy it

Cheers

panzerkiller

Welcome panzerkiller.

1) Is the tile empty? You can't invade an occupied tile.

Do you have transports or amphibs? Transports can't invade, you need friendly ports with them.

2) Yes, as long as you are the japanese, and as long as you want to play historical

3) Everyone, never let the enemy feel secure anywhere

:)

What do mean by script event , does it happen automatically no matter what you do ?

Hi Panzerkiller

Script events are things that either definitely will happen, or have a chance of happening, possibly only under certain conditions.

To give some examples: Burma Corps deploying to defend Burma from the Japanese will definitely happen, while the USA getting to choose whether or not to send the 14th Air Force to China is dependent on China still being allied when the opportunity arises to send it there.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to post! :)

Panzerkiller,

You might want to when you buy the game take a look at scripts, because it will be what your opponent the AI will be doing against you. It will also let you in on certain conditions that scripts need to have to actually happen. Two examples would be (as Japan) garrison 5 closest cities to the USSR. Otherwise the USSR activation will increase a few percentage points per turn. Another example is a unit script (for Japan) in which if the city of manila, isn't occupied then a special forces unit will come up to occupy it after it surrenders to Japan. Hope this helps.

Blashy, you have been playing this game, and other games like this for quite awhile. Panzerkiller, on the other hand is just starting out. Therefore he should learn the basic scripts BEFORE he starts playing so that he will know what mistakes he should try to avoid. If he doesn't it might be awfully tough for him to pull out a victory (especially as Japan).

Whew buying with Pay Pal is kind of nightmare here but finally manage to get it done

Downloading Now

NewBie Questions

Supply

I know this will be cover in the manual but sometimes when someone explain to you , it seem will go direct into your brain instead of dancing around

So anything I need to know about Supply

Cheers

PK

Blashy, you have been playing this game, and other games like this for quite awhile. Panzerkiller, on the other hand is just starting out. Therefore he should learn the basic scripts BEFORE he starts playing so that he will know what mistakes he should try to avoid. If he doesn't it might be awfully tough for him to pull out a victory (especially as Japan).

Actually he should play as Allies for maybe the first 3 games if you have ZERO SC series experience. This will give you a good feel of the overall game and then you can play as Japan without reading any of the scripts.

It does not take long at all to know them (3-4 games) and once you do know them you will NEVER have any surprises (except for Diplomacy hits by the enemy) so those first few surprises are fun to experience.

Panzerkiller,

No, there isn't a map showing the victory cities, although you could go, and look at a map, by simply clicking on the map button. However it doesn't show the actual victory cities. You pretty much just have to memorize them (which isn't that hard). Hope this helps.

Hey panzerkiller the SC2 series are a blast.W.a.W.and PDE are different from regular SC2.

I prefer W.a.W.and PDE but some people prefer regular SC2.Since you need SC2 to run the others I think once you get them you will see the differences and will probably enjoy both.Imho they are more fun HvH.As with PTO imho they have the best A.I.there is.

Guess after a while you will remember which city and their location but wonder why this feature is not in , just like the old Panzer General

I am having great time with this game and wondering whether should I get the SC2 as well

Cheers

PK

For the mini campaigns these objectives are highlighted on the game map but for now we have chosen not to show them on the main campaigns such as Operation Z as often the victory positions change or move depending on the scripts or how the game progresses. Additionally there might be several locations that can vary the victory conditions, i.e. Japan has quite a few combinations of victory positions that can bring them anywhere from an all out Decisive Victory to a Tactical Victory and this is hard to show visually on the map.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Yep , probably I will get the bundle

Another Question

Is there a "show odds of the outcome " when you about to attack an unit ?

Is it a feature you need to turn , I don;t seem able to find it

In game and at the "top center" of the information bar you will see the expected odds of an attack but of course if the unit is hidden fog of war applies and the expected odds are unknown.

Hubert

Hi

That's help a lot

Started with the Invasion Philippines , from beginner to the expert and won major victory in the first try ! Is the Empire of Rising Sun suppose to win this this scenario every time or maybe I graduate a bit from the Newbie status :)

Guess now is the time to give some bonus to the poor american

Cheers

PK